Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Annual Cruise-In at Thunder on the Lot at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Annual Cruise-In at Thunder on the Lot at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds!

It's getting to be that time again and things are already starting to take shape!

Thunder on the Lot is a large-scale motorcycle show, custom and classic car show; featuring an early morning poker run, import car show, an alternative fuels expo, an alternative fuels Cruise-In, never ending $1 raffles, kid’s activities, a carnival, Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament, two concert stages of live music all day, grandstand events, a full-service cantina, various food booths, live demo’s, numerous vendors and much, much more.

Several major prizes are awarded but only one lucky ticket holder wins a brand new Harley Davidson. Thunder on the Lot supports over twenty five local kids charities and year to date has raised over 2 million dollars for the kid’s. There's plenty of parking at the Fairgrounds, unlimited vendor space, spacious lawn area’s, and RV hook-up’s for overnight stay's.

Thunder's action packed activities and demonstrations offer great family entertainment. All of this years attractions and features will be announced soon. Businesses or individuals interested in sponsoring The Kids Charities of the Antelope Valley please contact Ron Emard at Robertson Palmdale Honda. For ticket information please call Robertson Palmdale Honda at (661) 265-6000 or Harley Davidson at (661) 948-5959.

This Years Headliner:
    Starship with Mickey Thomas - Saturday June 12th, 8pm

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Curtis/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]We're working on a Metallica tribute band for Sunday and will keep ou advised.

I've attached the vendor application for stakeholders and others that would like to participate as a vendor. Last year had about 17,000 people in attendance for the event and the Green Energy & Vehicle Expo will be the biggest yet.

We'll see you there!
    Attached Files
    I'll be there
    60.00%
    Wish I could... but can't.
    40.00%
    Last edited by Curtis; 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM.

Re: 4th Annual Cruise-In at Thunder on the Lot at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds!

Originally posted by Curtis View Post

This Years Headliner:
    Starship featuring Mickey Thomas - Saturday June 12th, 8pm
    Hi! I just wanted to add that the band Starship featuring Mickey Thomas is not the same as Jefferson Starship. Jefferson Starship was recreated separatly by Paul Kantner, and has a very different vibe. Mickey's show is way more fun, and he will get you rocking. It's confusing, but it's a distiction worth noting.

Can't wait for the Thunder!

Comment

Re: 4th Annual Cruise-In at Thunder on the Lot at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds!

Thanks, Ann. I made the correction to my post. Thanks for bringing me up to speed on the band change, I was unaware. Look forward to seeing you at Thunder!

Comment

Here's the band line up for the event.
        Curtis

SATURDAY, JUNE 12th
        • Featured Performance: Starship with Mickey Thomas
          8pm - On The Bike Show Stage
        SUNDAY, JUNE 13th
        • Featured Performance: Damage Inc. Metallica Tribute Band
          3pm - On The Bike Show Stage
        Thunder on the Lot has two full stages of live music all day and night. Stage performance schedules will be announced soon!

Comment

Thunder on the Lot has two full stages of live music all day and night.

SATURDAY, JUNE 12th

Featured Performance:

Starship with Mickey Thomas

8:00pm - 9:30pm - Bike Show Stage
          Hard Miles Band
          5:00pm - 6:00pm - Bike Show Stage

TBA
          6:30pm - 7:30pm - Bike Show Stage

Hard Miles Band
          5:00pm - 6:00pm - Bike Show Stage
          Hot Wired
          4:00pm - 5:00pm - Car Show Stage

Runaway Train
          5:30pm - 6:30pm - Car Show Stage

TBA
          9:30pm - 10:30pm - Car Show Stage

SUNDAY, JUNE 13th
          Featured Performance:
          Damage Inc. - Metallica Tribute Band
          3:00pm - 4:30pm - Bike Show Stage

TBA
          12:00pm - 1:00pm - Bike Show Stage

MLC
          1:30pm - 2:30pm - Bike Show Stage

Grand Prizes Drawing
          4:30pm - 5:00pm - Bike Show Stage

TBA
          9:30am - 10:30am - Car Show Stage

TBA
          11:00am - 12:00pm - Car Show Stage

The Burnin' Blues Band
          12:30pm - 1:30pm - Car Show Stage

MP Triple J
          2:00pm - 3:00pm - Car Show Stage

Comment

Here is the registration form if you are planning to bring your AFV inside the fairgrounds as part of the Cruise-In. If you planning on attending, but not be part of the Cruise-In (at least with your vehicle) you can pay to park in the main parking area and pay the gate fee of $10 (Sat only-Free on Sun) and come in that way. We are in a different building this year and will return to our old location next year. As you face the front of the R.Rex Paris building, with the big clock tower, we are going to be 2 building to the left, where the police command post was last year.
            Attached Files

Comment

Is there going to be a GSA auction this year?
              1998 Honda GX
              ebike

Comment

I am trying to arrange one. GSA says they are checking into the availability of inventory for that time frame. I haven't heard anything back from them yet, but will keep you posted.

Comment

I sent my reg in today!
                  2 yes and one no?
                  Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 05-20-2010, 03:25 PM.
                  BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I've got a class that ends at 1:30pm Sat in Newport Beach. I don't think I can make the 3:00 cut-off to get my car in but I'll do the late registration anyways. It for a good cause!
                    Last edited by eloo; 06-07-2010, 06:46 PM.
                    White '09 GX

Comment

Unfortunately, no. All vehicles must be in before the gates open at 3pm on Sat. The vehicle gate (#3) that we came in last year will close at 12pm I believe. You can come in through the front gate with the crowd though. You will probably pay $5 or $6 to park and $10 to get in the gate. Sunday is free to come in the front gate, but you will have had to pay the registration fee (which is past due) to bring in your car. Considered skipping class? Please inform your school that education should be a Mon - Fri activity.

Comment

Working...
                      X