2007 GX fuel filters partsw number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 GX fuel filters partsw number

Can one give me the part numbers for the high and low pressure fuel filters for a 2007 Honda GX?

Re: 2007 GX fuel filters partsw number

Another thread had this...

From cnglo: GX Fuel Filters
    You can get both filters at http://bernardiparts.com. I have searched around and found Bernardi to be the cheapest for these. If you find them for less, let us know. At the Bernardi website, do an advanced search on Honda parts. Burrow down through "ELECTRICAL/EXHAUST/HEATER/FUEL" until you get to a selection for "FUEL PIPE". The filters are numbers 9 and 10 in the illustration and the list. One (16905-RNE-A00) costs $52.62, and the other (16905-S1G-003) costs $22.11. Shipping is extra.

I think this is what you need for the low pressure filter: http://www.bernardiparts.com/product...5-S1G-003.aspx

High pressure filter doesn't have a typical filter element, rather a "liquid trap" just past the tank shutoff valve... you don't really need to replace it, but when you do the "inspection" and cleaning, you will need a replacement O-ring and appropriate silicon based lube (description of the process to do this "inspection" is in the GX supplement; any 06 to current version should have it).

In my case B1 came at 24K mi, and the high pressure filter was perfectly clean (I don't know of the car history prior to 16K, couldn't say whether or not it was ever checked before). I know some folks have reported getting a teaspoon of oil out during this inspection.
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

I thought that language looked familiar. Nice quotation of my earlier post found here http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....RNE-A00&page=2

I have since found them cheaper, but only by a few cents.

Your instruction on the replacement of the high pressure O-ring is important to follow. Did you also find the replacement O-ring at Bernardi?

I have found the silicone grease at NAPA Auto Parts, based on suggestions from the forum. It is called "Syl-glide".

Oh, and don't forget to turn of the red-handled emergency shut-off valve under the car and run the engine until in dies to relieve the pressure in the gas lines.
      Last edited by CNGLO; 11-04-2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Ron: I have fabricated a tool to properly re-torque the high pressure filter housing , using a torque wrench. I think it will also work on the Ford high pressure filter housing , as both are made by parker. Anyone in so. cal can borrow it. I also have silicone grease for the o-rings, about a 500 year supply of it . just send me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by CNGLO View Post
          ... Did you also find the replacement O-ring at Bernardi?...
          Not a part I needed to order... I had a generic set of misc. sized O-rings from a previous project... it turns out that a slightly larger thickness O-ring of a very similar diameter works like a charm
          2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
          Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
          Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
          Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Working...
          X