2010 GXs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 GXs?

Is Honda planning to continue production of Civic GX's in 2010?

Re: 2010 GXs?

Yes, the 2010 model is going to be in production within the next month. The first orders have been placed and all first run production, as far as I know, will be pre-sold as fleet deliveries. All initial production will most likely be white. Colors will be available in Dec at the earliest.

Comment

Thank you Curtis.

MY10 Civic GX production has started. September's build is the first batch of cars to be built and those have been split 50/50 between retail or fleet orders. October's build is set aside for several fleet orders and November's build will be the first month of colored car production.

Initial retail dealer orders are being accepted starting tomorrow, Tuesday the 29th of September. The December build will be the first to support these new retail orders.

Federal stimulus money is creating significant fleet demand and those orders should begin to hit American Honda shortly.

MY10 is shaping up to be a very interesting and productive year!

Thank you for your continued interest in the natural gas powered Civic GX...

Eric Rosenberg

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

Comment

Just heard from a transportation lobbyist in DC that Honda will soon stop NGV manufacturing. Has anyone heard about this?? Hope it is just an incorrect rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by malibu View Post
            Just heard from a transportation lobbyist in DC that Honda will soon stop NGV manufacturing. Has anyone heard about this?? Hope it is just an incorrect rumor.
            I would highly doubt this. With NGVs continuing HOV access in CA, I doubt that the additional revenue to honda america would allow that to happen along with a lobbying attempt to steer us back into energy dependance with foreign oil.
            Silver 09 GX
            Phill G:1.5

Comment

I spoke to Honda Corp this week because of this rumor, and it has popped up in a couple of places. If they're discontinuing the GX... no one at Honda knows it. I was told "don't believe everything you read (or hear in, this case). The 2012 will be on schedule, if not a tiny bit early. Personally, I'm hoping they'll surprise us by expanding the cng line-up and reward the faithful with a second ngv offering, but I'm probably just being overly optimistic, as always.

Comment

I think I know how this rumor started. Last week , one of the on-line business news sources published an article with the headline [I]" Honda to end Gas Civic Production". [/I]

After getting over the shock, I actually read the article. For the domestic market in Japan Only, Honda is no longer offering "Gas" (Gasoline) Non-Hybrid Civics. It had nothing to do with the GX.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hon...ort-2010-07-15
                Last edited by Lakewood90712; 07-27-2010, 12:36 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Working...
                X