This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009/2010 GX Availability

Honda has only built around 1000 GX's annually for the past several years. About 1500-2000 were built for the 2008 model year due to the huge jump in public interest. Demand will continue to climb as fuel prices reflect unstable oil prices throughout the year, as well as the increase in demand from fleets throughout the country due to increasingly stringent gov't regulations. Limited availability will surely prevail at most dealerships.

If you are looking for a GX, or any Honda for that matter, give me a call.
    I can generally obtain cars from other stores if I don't have the color or model you seek, so If you don't see it listed, call me anyway. Why not deal with a true expert and get all your questions about the cars and ever changing incentives and the most recent updates on the home refueling front, answered correctly. Wrong answers could cost you thousands!

I'll try to keep an up to date listing of all GX's in stock in this thread so you can check back and and see what's available. I carry one of the largest inventories of GX's in the nation.
    I can be reached at 800-974-8765
    --

2009's Available- 2009's long gone!
    I started with 35 cars... all gone

2010's in Stock
    3 White - inbound 10-21-10

If you are a business owner and can send me a PO for the GX in the business name-call me!
    MSRP for 2010 GX is $26,050

In 2010 No significant change to the vehicle, other than a minor change to the Grill/fascia, and tail lights, and a chrome strip over the license plate area, as this is the year for the minor model make-over. The only color change effecting the GX will be a change from the Nighthawk Black Pearl to Crystal Black Pearl.

2011 will basically remain unchanged and be a short-run for all Civic models, with 2012 being a makeover year.
    Last edited by Curtis; 10-22-2010, 08:42 PM.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: GX availability

Curtis,
    I'm a new member and interested in this Technology, however in New York, most dealerships do not know much is anything about the GX. I was under the assumption that NY like Cal, promote this car, but does not seem to be the case in Central New York (Syracuse). Where can I go to start asking some basic questions and possbile driving one of these? thanks Bob

Comment

Re: GX availability

Well, Bob, you've come to the right place. You have found the one spot on the internet that the experts gather and share their knowledge. And I refer not only to myself. Our little community has an amazing representation of NGV professionals from about every aspect of the industry. In fact, some of the most knowledgeable of them all is some of our NGV owners themselves. This crowd can both talk the talk... and walk the walk.

Here are a list of authorized GX dealers in your neck of the woods:

Honda City
      7140 Henry Clay Blvd
      Liverpool, NY 13088
      (315)451-6750

Honda Of Ithaca
      315 Elmira Rd
      Ithaca, NY 14850
      (607)273-1926

Miller Honda
      4477 Vestal Pkwy
      Vestal, NY 13850
      (607)797-1225

John Holtz Honda
      3925 W Henrietta Rd
      Rochester, NY 14623
      (585)334-0880

Mohawk Honda
      756 State St
      Schenectady, NY 12307
      (518)370-4911

Unfortunately the cars are in short supply and finding a dealer that is knowledgable about the car and it's related. So what questions do you have?

Comment

Re: 2008 GX availability

Curtis,
        Thanks for the information, I reached out to on of the Local Honda dealers you listed and found him very knowledgable about the car and local fueling stations. Is there anything new with regards to the 2008 over the 2007, what if any is the price increase for the 2008? what is Honda projecting for inventory in the pipeline for 2008? thanks and enjoy the day

Comment

I thought you found someone knowledgeable? Yet here we are again...

2008 added the tire pressure monitoring system and aux jack to the stereo.
          Most 2008 production is sold out until July. Honda is going to produce a few for August delivery. Most dealers aren't going to order then because they don't want 08's on the lot when the 09 comes out in October. Price goes up an average of about $200 a year. Good luck.

Comment

5 GX's just arrived
            4 Blue, 1 Silver, Still had a White in stock.

One Green coming in May (pre sold) no cars coming in June/July. Cars coming in August: 5 so far (2 Blue, 2 Green, 1 Black.)

Delima is... over ordering 08's will delay release of 09's.

Price increase for 2009 is probable, as there was no increase from '07 to '08. Hints are being dropped that I should expect price hike.

Only a handful of 2008's remain to be produced for the model year. Looks like production will be somewhere around 1200-1300 cars for 2008 run.

Comment

That is a good sign. Is there any idea how many 07 were left at the introduction of 08's? If so how long tell they all sold? I am talking nation wide.

Comment

I don't really have a way of knowing. When I bring up production numbers with Corp. you'd think I was proffering state secrets. What I can tell you is that one So Cal Dealer had 40 white cars that he had ordered for a fleet deal that went south, and 2 months ago there was an offer of 07 cars from New York that were gathering dust. Aparently NY hasn't got the infrastructure, even though Phill is authorized for sale there... it just didn't take off like it did in the west. I strongly suspect that they are all gone by now though.

Comment

any blue left on your lot?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Kendrick View Post
                    any blue left on your lot?
                    Just one. It has a lip spoiler, tint, mud guards and a few other items on it. If interested, call me any time tomorrow. I'll be in all day Wed-Thur 8a-9p 4/30 & 5/1/08.

Comment

Curt who is your person I need to talk with here in Salt Lake City, Utah

Comment

Originally posted by claytonrand View Post
                        Curt who is your person I need to talk with here in Salt Lake City, Utah
                        Sorry, Clay, you have about as much chance of getting a 2008 GX in Utah as I do of being young and handsome again. Ken Garf Honda sells there and he is sold out for the rest of the year from what I understand.

I just shipped a GX to Utah yesterday and am working on a deal for a guy in Utah, the last Blue one I have, as we speak. It's not a done deal yet, but this makes the 6th call I've gotten today (2 Utah, 1 Wisconsin, 1 Sacramento and 2 local... not counting 3 walk-ins). I suspect the 3 I have left are short-lived. Call me at the 800 # if you are interested... soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
                          ...he is sold out for the rest of the year from what I understand.

I just shipped a GX to Utah yesterday and am working on a deal for a guy in Utah, the last Blue one I have, as we speak. It's not a done deal yet, but this makes the 6th call I've gotten today (2 Utah, 1 Wisconsin, 1 Sacramento and 2 local... not counting 3 walk-ins). I suspect the 3 I have left are short-lived...
                          I've heard that Honda's original production target was around 1,000 units. A 20% to 30% bump in production indicates that Honda is being somewhat responsive to the market. (It's REALLY hard to be irritated with Honda when they're the only OEM player in America.)

What's the capacity vs. current production? Is there any refit of the production line required to change from the LX to the GX? Has corporate been receptive to calls for a more upscale interior?

Do the GX and the CRV come off the same line? I understand they share a chassis. Any interest in a GRX?
                          BiggJohn
                          -------------------
                          2000 CNG Camry
                          VRA Wannabe

Comment

"I've heard that Honda's original production target was around 1,000 units. A 20% to 30% bump in production indicates that Honda is being somewhat responsive to the market."

Ramping up production isn't as easy as saying you want to make more cars. It involves the entire supply chain, some of which is probably outside their control... Like tanks and probably a number of other parts.

"(It's REALLY hard to be irritated with Honda when they're the only OEM player in America.)"

Thank you.
                            By the way, BiggJohn, would you talk to Freedml? He's starting to depress me.

"What's the capacity vs. current production? Is there any refit of the production line required to change from the LX to the GX? Has corporate been receptive to calls for a more upscale interior?"

I have Annabel (Honda Outreach) coming to the expo. That's a question better answered by her. I've never been to the factory. As far as the interior... fleets have been asking for gray instead of tan for years, to no avail... and you want what?
                            The good news is that you can do about anything your wallet will allow after it's yours.

"Do the GX and the CRV come off the same line? I understand they share a chassis. Any interest in a GRX?"

The two cars are not off the same line. I know they used to share the same platform, but I'm not sure that's the case anymore. I actually heard somewhere that it now shares the MDX platform, but I'm not positive. Your GXR idea is something that I hear all the time, or Accord, or Odyssey, or... You can ask Annabel, but I already know the answer.

Comment

I have been doing a lot of research and I think I have a handle on most of the incentives (tax credits, rebates). I am looking at the Honda Civic GX and the FM-2Q-36 home refueling unit, which seems to cost more upfront but probably cheaper to maintain in the long run.

I tried to search around and couldn't seem to find anything about Southern California Gas approval of the Letter of Intent. I live in Altadena zip 91001. Do you know which regions typically get denied? It sounds like depending on where you live it can be difficult to get approval (which I understand ultimately comes from the CA Air Resources Board).

I do not want to make the auto purchase unless I can refuel at home.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X