Salinas PG&E Station - closed after hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salinas PG&E Station - closed after hours

I had hoped on a late Friday evening while returning from Monterey, for fuel at the Salinas station. Though it indicates 24 hours of operation, with their card, I had no luck in finding any pumps outside of their fenced compound. Thankfully I had enough to get me as far as SLO, about 100 miles south, with one or two bars to spare. This business needs to change or no one is going to buy these cars, except a cowboy like me.

Re: Salinas PG&E Station - closed after hours

The fueling station at Salinas is not at PGE, but at a combined cardlock fueling station with gasoline, deisel etc as indicated on cngprices.com. Its a bit hard to find without a GPS because it's indicated off the 184, but its actually off the 184 detour.
    2009 GX
    2000 K2500
    2002 Cavalier
    1998 Contour
    Phill powered by solar power

Comment

CNGprices.com indicates the Salinas station is at 390 Griffin Street, but Google Maps street view indicates it is closer to 306 Griffin Street - where Griffin Street intersects with E. Alisal Street.
      Patent Counsel
      '04 F150 Dedicated
      '11 Civic GX
      '11 BMW ActiveE
      FMQ2-36
      FM4

Comment

I have refiled at this location in the past. It is outside the PG&E gates, open 24 hours, but not well lighted. Also, it is not in the best part of Salinas.

Comment

Not sure how we missed it as we combed the whole block. All that was there was a roach coach feeding people. Its just one side of the street, industrial. Fencing. A few buildings. Perhaps they could be a little more conspicuous.
          Last edited by dmccrary90025; 06-06-2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmccrary90025 View Post
            Not sure how we missed it as we combed the whole block. All that was there was a roach coach feeding people. Its just one side of the street, industrial. Fencing. A few buildings. Perhaps they could be a little more conspicuous.
            The station is about a block north of where the roach coach is usually parked:
            http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=39...=12,223.6,,0,5
            Patent Counsel
            '04 F150 Dedicated
            '11 Civic GX
            '11 BMW ActiveE
            FMQ2-36
            FM4

Comment

Working...
            X