Need help form any Phil Station Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help form any Phil Station Owners

I have a Phil Station at my house that quit working last week. I know the fault reason and when I called Fuel Maker last week I got a phone message stating they have filed Chapter 13. There is no person for tech help or anything.
    Is there any other Phil Station owners out there that can help?

Re: Need help form any Phil Station Owners

Post the error code and what it's doing and we'll give a go.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

The three bottom lights are on - the book says it is because of leakage or filled from empty. I turned it off and turned it back on and still have the error.

Comment

My troubleshooting guide says that the three lower lights mean "No Pressure Rise". "check the following for the source of a gas leak:

-Nozzle

-Breakaway Assembly

-Refueling Hose

-Vehicle"

Was the tank completly empty?

Once I cured a problem by not just turning it off and on, but by unplugging for 60 sec or so.

good luck
        Last edited by scott; 06-02-2009, 07:33 PM. Reason: another question

Comment

There might be a leak inside the enclosure. Smell for a gas leak in the exhaust air flow. It will be very faint, though.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by greenpete View Post
            The three bottom lights are on - the book says it is because of leakage or filled from empty. I turned it off and turned it back on and still have the error.
            Unplug the machine for a minimum of 30 minutes (better 1 hour) this allows internal pressures to equalize. Plug machine back in and let it cycle. Once the machine has finished cycling; (do not connect it to the car) press the start button. If all the fill indicators light up the machine is functioning correctly and leak is NOT the Phill, but the car.
            If the machine does not stop, press the stop key and attach the fill hose to the vehicle; if the error light comes on again, you have a leak in your car.
            2009 GX
            2000 K2500
            2002 Cavalier
            1998 Contour
            Phill powered by solar power

Comment

I used snoop while the station was working and no leaks anywhere arounf house, valve, etc. Tried turning on/off over night- did not work. I don't want to open up the unit - I don't smell any gas.
              Is there anyway to get in touch with anyone from FuelMaker? What does the future hold for them?

Comment

I just spoke to a mamber who has effected several repairs on his own units, but that's when FM was around to supply parts. His discussions with Impco yielded a few more clues about the future of Phill.

It sounds like the plan is to ship units to Italy for repair once they resume repair work. Unfortunate considering this will likely lead to higher costs. It may be possible that they will use the Phill technology to produce a different unit, just speculating, since the Phill is not a money maker, nor has it ever been.

It also sounded like warranty repairs could possibly be 6-12 mo out. None of this is etched in stone, just conjecture derived from conversations with those who have discussed the matter with Impco.

I will make an attempt to get them to contribute information to the group directly in order to avoid any misinformation on the part of myself, or others.

Comment

Working...
                X