Robertson's Honda CNG Station Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robertson's Honda CNG Station Update

Construction is complete on our station upgrade. GESI is doing the start-up process today, credit card company is getting set up, awaiting final inspections from the city and our stamp from weights and measures.

Our system pressure will be left at 4,000 psi to ensure great fill ups, and new equipment will hopefully give us some good reliability for a while.

I look forward to reopening to the public sometime next week. In the mean time, Lancaster school district has reopened their station with only the 3600 psi side working and a good 3600 pounds of pressure. Price= $1.90 gge.

Watch for my station to go red again on cngprices next week. We'll announce the Grand Reopening as soon as we set a date. All I can add is... YIPEEEEEE!

Re: Robertson's Honda CNG Station Update

Here are a few pics of the new set up.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Curtis; 04-18-2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

The station looks very nice. I would recommend that you move your fuel hoses from the dispenser to a post. This could save you huge money on drive away.

Comment

Let me know when your having the the Grand Reopening.

Comment

Thanks, Mike. It might be a bit late to be making changes to the blueprints. There is an in-line break-away, and for the most part the service writers are on site by the dispencer. If it happens (drive-off) they'll be present to nab the offender. At night I have security guards on site that can keep an eye on things. Hopefully this won't be a problem.

Whoever drove off and broke the nozzle at the Lancaster School Bus yard has yet to pony-up and confess, but I suspect it left enough of an impression that they won't be doing it again any time soon.

Comment

I wish I lived closer to Lancaster. Are there any other 4000 psi stations in the Los Angeles area? BOB
            Last edited by Curtis; 04-28-2009, 01:14 AM. Reason: No including your phone # for your protection

Comment

MOST stations in SoCal are 4000# plus.. this is on the compression/storage side. The downstream (car) side is temperature compensated for rated pressure (3000/3600). If the compressor/storage was set to maintain only 3600#, there would be no reserve to be able to actually get the car up to rated pressure, and there would be no capability for fueling at temperatures higher than 70F (where the car SHOULD be filled between 2600 and 4100#).
              1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
              2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Great news and pics!
                For those of us out of the area and not familiar with the set up there -
                in case we can get by sometime for a fuel up:
                Is there both 3000 & 3600 PSI service available?
                '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
                '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
                FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Curtis,
                  Great to see the station almost back in business!
                  Bob, the Diamond Bar station (SCAQMD) usually gives 4,000psi+ fills, but is only open Tuesday-Friday during the day.
                  BLUE 09 GX

Comment

The dispenser is both 3000/3600 psi. Crazi got me to thinking... and checking and he's right. Supply side will be set to 4000 psi. With my old dispenser you would get 4000 psi. The new weights & measures, temperature compensating dispenser is pre set and will only fill to the specified and compensated pressure, either 3600 or 3000. Sorry for teasing y'all. At least you'll get a good fill. I tried to figure out how to crank it up a little, but there's no way with my skill set to do it.

We're down to the nitty gritty now. Final inspection from the city should be 4-20, fire has already signed off. W&M should be around in the next couple of days, and GESI is still tweaking the last few items on their start-up procedure. Looks like this week will be the week we reopen. Keep your fingers crossed.

By the way... I will be starring in the training video. (Note to self; need to negotiate royalty check for using me in the starring roll.)
                    Last edited by John Mitton; 04-20-2009, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Awesome work Curtis getting public cng station up and going in your part of cng heaven.

Please . . . volunteer yourself for CLONING as the USA needs a guy like like you at Honda dealerships ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY. If you do it quick, future photos won't have a full gray beard, they'll have just a hint of gray like it is now!! LOL.

Comment

Curtis talk to me later once you get the bugs worked out.

Comment

Well......... the station is complete........ but rather than a final sign off by the city, we got a no-go. It appears we don't have compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. I guess the delay will require a wheel chair ramp and lowering all the equipment to 30" off the ground.......... I couldn't make this stuff up!

Who knows how long this will take.

Comment

That sux! The (Lancaster) school district's card reader is over 30" off the ground as well as my local pump.
                            BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Curtis,
                              The city should have caught this in the permit review process, and so advised you before this point, etc.
                              More importantly, be careful that in complying now with the ADA requirements they have stipulated that those modifications requested do not then collide with National Electric Code or NFPA-52 Code requirements. [Believe me this sort of thing can occur, as sometimes happens in the fire alarm system installaton business for example. ADA codes do not always "agree" with other codes].
                              It might be well to contact any other inspectors involved in the project to be certain there will be no new conflicts created by this requirement before you bring out the cutting torch and concrete truck...
                              '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
                              '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
                              FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Working...
                              X