Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Poll Question-How many Group Members would get a CE Discount Card if Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll Question-How many Group Members would get a CE Discount Card if Available?

Please take the poll-Data needed urgently!
    I am still working with Dick Cromwell, a Clean Cities Coordinator who also represents Clean Energy in the Cochella Valley. Dick is a member of the group and thinks cngchat is a great resource for ngv owners.

He is going to bat for us with CE to see if something could be worked out to secure some (as yet undetermined) discount at CE stations for cngchat members. This is a great opportunity for registered members to secure additional savings when refueling at CE stations.

I am curious about how many of our group would get a CE discount card, and how many vehicles we're talking about.
    No-CE is not in my travel area yet.
    7.83%
    Yes, I would.
    27.90%
    I refuel 1 NGV.
    23.65%
    I refuel 2 NGV's.
    6.69%
    I refuel 3 NGV's.
    2.61%
    I refuel more than 3 NGV's.
    1.31%
    My weekly CNG use is 5-25 gge.
    18.76%
    My weekly CNG use is 26-50 gge.
    7.83%
    My weekly CNG use is 50-100 gge.
    3.43%

Re: New Poll Question-How many Group Members would get a CE Discount Card if Availabl

I said yes. But, it would really depend on the terms. Minimum usage charge, annual fee, etc.. If no charges would be incurred, I would certainly get one.

Comment

Re: New Poll Question-How many Group Members would get a CE Discount Card if Availabl

Same here, if there is no hidden fees I'd get one.
      Last edited by WellFedEd; 03-25-2009, 09:31 PM. Reason: bad grammer

Comment

at least 4 out of our 5 would do it.

Comment

I said no because it is not in my area. The one time a year that I go to SFO may or may not be worth it. We CNG'rs need more fueling stations along 680 corridor. For CE, in Fairfield at the Cordelia Junction (hwy 680 and 80) would be a good location especially for weekend travelers through that location.

Comment

I wish it was easier to throw up a station where ever it was needed for our convenience... But I suspect that without a local fleet/s to support it, weekend travers wouldn't be sufficient to warrant the expense.

Comment

Hi Curtis,
              Count me in. I now fuel at CE in the Seattle area and it would great to get a discount.

Linda
              09 GX

Comment

I thought that I selected that I would like a discount card, but the poll results do not show that I selected that. Can the poll be edited somehow to update that tally? I choose:

Yes, I would.
                I refuel 2 NGV's.
                My weekly CNG use is 26-50 gge.

Thanks.

Of course, it is all a non-issue for me until CE puts in a 3k hose at OKC.

*sigh*
                Last edited by jblue; 03-26-2009, 02:14 PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I would think that not too many people would use more than 25 GGE/week, but I guess I am wrong. Even when driving 600 miles a week I use less than 25. I voted yes as long as no extra/annual fees. I have my own local station that rates EXCELLENT in reliability, fill pressure and I rarely have to wait, so it would be a price issue to fill locally in Moreno Valley. I would use it to fill on my visits to OC, although I can usually make it home without any fueling there. I am glad the CE bashing has decreased on here because they have a lot to do with the future of NGVs.
                  BLUE 09 GX

Comment

What regions would the card work in? For example, my understanding is the CE card for Colorado & Cheyenne is a special CE card that only works there. Is there any reciprocity with the Fuelman / Gascard network so we could just carry one card to refuel around the country?

Comment

Given that this is a hypothetical question, there is no real answer to your questions. We are working to build our case, so assume (for the moment) that it would benefit you in some form or fasion and answer the poll appropriately. I wish I could give you concrete answers, but your questions give us talking points for future discussions.

Comment

I'm all for a discount card from CE. The way I see it a 3 to 5% fee is factored into every purchase to the credit card company. Joe

Comment

Hi! Count me in. I'd like to see more CE stations, especially along the I-5 for road trips to San Francisco and the NW.
                          White '09 GX

Comment

I voted yes too. I use more than 50 gge in fact I am looking into home refueling units like the FuelMaker Phill FMQ-2-36 New and used right now. It gets old having to go to the station every day or every other day. Maybe CE could make their discount card with a Visa/MC logo so we could use it at other stations too.
                            Mario
                            AAA CNG SYSTEMS
                            CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

YES. As long as there are no fees. I might use it. There's a couple of stations in the bay area.

Comment

Working...
                              X