My CNG station is Reopening!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CNG station is Reopening!

Great news! Our station upgrade is underway (finally) and we should be open to 24 hour refueling as of the 1st of April (2009). Our storage capacity has been greatly increased and a card reader will allow 24 hour access.

I believe we'll do a Grand Re-Opening event and I'll keep everyone updated on the details.

I also spoke to GESI, who is doing the work, and they advised me of 3 other projects throughout Ca. that will be public once completed. I will provide details as I learn them.

Re: My CNG station is Reopening!

That is great news. Thanks.

Comment

Sweet. In plenty of time for the Cruise-in

Comment

That is great news Curtis! Congrats, I know that it's taken a lot of hard work. Let Annabel and I know if you're holding a "grand reopening" and we'll make it out.

Great to know that I can gas up when I'm travelling out from Torrance to the race track at Willow Springs.

Talk to you soon,

Eric

Comment

Great news Curtis! Count me in for a Grand re-opening.
          Good to hear about more CNG stations opening than closing.
          BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I need more details! Do you still have the Rix. What kind of dispenser and cad reader? You could post some pics.

Comment

It's about time! I'd hate to know what all that cost?!?!
              Last edited by Curtis; 04-06-2009, 07:37 PM.
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

The Angi-Rix 15.5 gge/hr compressor will remain in place. An 80gge sphere will be added to the 30gge storage already in place in the old FM8 dispencer. Cascade added, Krause 2 hose dispencer with 3000psi/3600psi capability. Fuel Force card reader and video training posts will make the station 24 hr accessible. I'll post some pics as it comes together.

It is now looking like the end of the week (about the 10th of April) before construction is done and possibly a bit longer for the gas co to reregulate my line pressure so the compressor can operate more efficiently.

I'll let you know when we have the reopening party. There's been great interest from a number of fleets, LA Co, Palmdale, Honda's test track at Cantile, Super Shuttle and others. I've even had CE in here several times looking for fuel. I might need a bigger compressor someday soon...

Comment

If you need another compressor let me know I will put you in touch with a couple of people a CE they have lots of used equipment, and probably would not look at you as a threat to their market. Another thing to consider is more storage. Nothing to break in storage. I am a big fan of Kraus dispensers.

Comment

I'm definitely not a threat to CE... although I don't think they like me much...

What would you recommend in a compressor throughput if you were looking to pump 300-500 gge/mo. I think I'm a bit undersized at the moment at 15.5 gge/hr. Overall this is a tiny station, but I don't want to burn up my rings trying to keep up with demand.

Who would you recommend for a service contract? GESI won't get the gig, and Hal only comes out for the Cruise-In.

PS, hope to meet you there this year.

Comment

Curtis, Have you talked to Mike B. at SoCal Gas? Best source of info out there for matters like these.

I believe you have my old ANGI compressor which I sold to GESI when we upgraded.

Comment

I do have the old Angi-Rix from your yard. Great to see you on the site, welcome aboard. I haven't dealt with Mike B. I usually deal with Steve Anthony in Alt Fuels. He's been a tremendous help and source of information over the years. He too is a member of the site, as well as a good friend.

Comment

In deciding what you need as a primary driver, I would keep your Rix as a backup, you need to figure out what you peak through put. If you need help with this feel free to give me a call.

Comment

Do you do service, Mike? I am still looking for a reliable situation for a service contract.

As far as the Rix is concerned, looks like it will be the primary for the foreseeable future. With all the problems/headaches with the current installer... The boss is ready to swear off cng. My best bet at this point is to keep it as hassle free as possible for the company to let them start seeing some return and let the bad taste of GESI fade from memory. Only then can I start working on a better compressor for the long haul.

Comment

Let me talk to a couple of people about doing service. What kind of dispenser did you windup with?

Comment

Working...
                              X