Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Annual Alt Fuels Cruise-In at Thunder on the Lot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3rd Annual Alt Fuels Cruise-In at Thunder on the Lot!

Does anyone know how the entry part works? I sent in my form and money, and I'm driving out tomorrow (later today, actually!), but I'm not entirely sure what to do when I get there. I guess I'll figure it out, but if anyone has tips, let me know.

Cheers,
    Todd
    CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
    CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
    AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Well, another year at the Thunder on the Lot Cruise-In has come and gone. As always it was a great time. I got to meet some new faces this year, one of the main reasons I do this. It's always fun and interesting to meet the people we hang with on this site.

NGV'ers are a unique clique. We speak our own language, live by our trip meters and fear no out of service station (mostly). We come to the rescue of others merely because they are in the same boat with us and would pray they'd do no less for us. You guys are awsome!

Special thanks to all that came out this year, condolences to those who couldn't make it, and we hope to see you next year.

A very special thanks to a couple of our members; Tommy Townsend, who helped me set up the event this year (and then never came back to partipate... even though he paid his registration???). And to Evelyn (member "eloo" and her husband Gary, who helped me tear it all down again. This was particularly kind given that they had so far to drive to get home. You guys are great and we'll see you next year.

Congratulations to our trophy winners! Jetboat Johnny (John), Todd (cngprices), and Bruce (Bruce).I posted their pic here, and more Thunder shots will be added to my albumn section shortly. I'll post the link once I get them in.

Those of you that didn't make it to this years Cruise-In missed out on some great music, good food, cool cars and motorcycles, even a custom bicycle show... now you'll not know what a $20,000 bicycle looks like... until next year.

I hope everyone will make a special effort to make it out to next years Thunder Cruise-In. It's always the weekend before Father's Day... and it's always a blast!
      Attached Files

Comment

3rd Annual Alt Fuels Cruise-In at Thunder on the Lot!

Thanks again Curtis for being a great host, and for the rescue on Saturday.
        I missed a few people that attended last year. The weather was perfect minus the wind. Eric Burden and the Animals were awesome. I hope to see more CNGers next year!
        BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Thanks again Curtis. The wife and I had a great time at the Cruise-in. Hope to see more CNGCHATers there next year. I put a little under 450 miles on the GX by time we got home.

Bruce
          '05 silver GX
          Bruce D.
          '05 Silver GX

Comment

Man this sucks I thought for some reason it was at the end of the month.
            This sucks I really wanted to go and see everyone.

Well we will see you next year FOR SURE

I have just been so busy..
            Mario
            AAA CNG SYSTEMS
            CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Sorry to have missed this year - but I attended a local "Greenfest" event in Walnut Creek put on by the realtors. I volunteered to show my 04 GX and we tried to get a new one from the local dealer. Annabel sent me a large package of info - special thanks. The Toyota saleswoman with the Prius was very interested, but left shortly after I showed up - they thought they were going to be the only car at the show ... hope to make it to "Thunder" next year.

ps thanks again Mario for the great tank inspections on 5/31 - and the added effort to get access to the main tank due to the extra tank in the trunk ...

Comment

No problem getting to the stock cng cylinder was a challenge but as I always say, "don't tell me I can't do something"
                Hey let me know ahead next your about your geen fest, I will at least bring one car up!

Mario
                Mario
                AAA CNG SYSTEMS
                CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Hey Curtis,

Thanks for introducing me to the gang! ... Nice to be able to put faces to some of the monikers. I certainly enjoyed Eric Burdon and the Animals. Thanks also for all the effort you put into moving CNG forward. Gary and I were happy to be able to help.

I'm glad I came back Sunday to get that decal (see attached). I had to think long and hard about whether or not to put it on (now I have to keep the car relatively clean... wish I had gotten a silver model which doesn't show dirt as much). Oh well, at least now some folk will start thinking that "CNG" stands for "Clean Natural Gas" (and maybe start thinking more about natural gas alternatives).

Cheers,
                  Evelyn
                  Attached Files
                  White '09 GX

Comment

Looks good!
                    I am so jealous, you are probably the only GX owner with leather seats!
                    I want a sunroof,
                    Cyaaa next year
                    J
                    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Working...
                    X