Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GX Maintenance costs

Curtis,

Can you post the "standard hours" that Honda states for the following based on the 7th Generation Civic GX's? I guess some would also like to see them for the 8th Gen as well.

1) Changing the "A" filter
    2) Changing the "B" filter
    3) Tank inspections required every 36K miles
    3) Standard 100K mile tuneup

Also, does a dealer have to follow Honda's hours for each of those jobs or are they allow to charge any thing they want?

It seems to me that if changing the "B" filter takes 30 minutes then a dealer should not be able to charge for more than that.
    John

Re: GX Maintenance costs

I will need to wait until I get back to work for this one. Give me to the end of the week. On a personal level, I agree with your last statement, but as with most things in life... vote with your dollars and spend them where you are charged appropriately for service, and complain to Honda when you feel that something isn't right.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

That's fine, not a big rush as I still have to order my filters. At least once I'm armed with the Time Honda specifices each job to take I can pin the dealer down.

I'm also going to need the 100K engine tuneup but I think the only parts needed are plugs so I'll order them with the filters. At least when I go in the major parts will be paid for and sitting on the seat ready to install.
      John

Comment

For a 100k service you'll also need a timing belt and while it's apart you should also change the water pump.
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

Did that around 90K, most dealers have a special on the combo, but left the tune up and a few more items such as brakes until the 100K.
          John

Comment

Curtis, Are you back to work yet? If so can you find out the time Honda states that the jobs I listed take?

Thanks

John
            John

Comment

I'm back 8am on 4/2. I'll start working on it. Got a feeling I'll have a lot of catching up to do.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
              X