St. Louis CNG Community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis CNG Community?

Hi! My name is Richard and I am a new Project Engineer in Utilization Engineering at Laclede Gas Company in St. Louis, MO. We are the local gas utility for St. Louis and the eastern Missouri region. Part of my job description involves promoting CNG as a clean-fleet and transit fuel. Utilization Engineering is actually a division of our Marketing department here at Laclede. Just wondering if there are any CNG users or proponents out there in our region. We would love to get the ball rolling! It's hard sometimes because we don't have nearly the environmental focus here in the heartland (vs. California, Utah, Colorado for example). Anyway, feel free to say hi and let me know your situation. I am interested to see how well CNG has worked for everyone! Thanks!

Re: St. Louis CNG Community?

Hi Richard
    Thank you for your kind hospitality last week and welcome to CNGchat!

I did a search in our user database and it seems we have 28 members in Missouri, 9 in Iowa, and 43 in Illinois. Don't know which cities they are in but if you and Tom want to organize a CNGchatter's get together I would be happy to spread the word.

Comment

Wow! That's not bad....better than I thought really. Let me talk to Tom and see what he wants to do. BTW would you still be interested in showing a car at the NAFA Green Fleets Conference and Expo on March 24th? Thanks!

Comment

Hello to St Louis cng supporters,

Glad to see that LaClede is wanting to take more active role in cng as I was worried in December 2007 when condition of LaClede cng pump was so poor that LaClede employee wouldn't even get a screwdriver to fix vent hose that was blowing off. On CNGPrices.com I see that the vent hose problem has been fixed with all new hoses. How many cng vehicles are LaClede employees using?? Are hours of LaClede cng pump still limited (ie behind a gate) and still require a Fuelman card?? Any chance to allow VISA/MC/Discover in future??

With St Louis, MO at over 2 million population, what is target of cng vehicle count (any push by area Honda dealers) and prospects for growth of public cng refueling sites beyond just the one?? I know that STL airport has many cng vehicles and was wondering if any pressure by Clean Cities can be put on airport to make that private cng site to become public??
        Last edited by cngacrossusa; 05-01-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi. I live in the Florissant area of St.Louis and have been wanting to find out more about CNG cars and home refueling options.

Mark

Comment

Hi cngacrossusa!

Just wanted to post a quick reply:

- The cng fueling pump is fully operational - I was out at our Shrewbury location just a couple weeks ago watching my boss fill up his cng Taurus

- As far as cng vehicles go we have more cng vans and trucks than passenger cars - my bosses' is the only passenger car i know of here - I don't have an exact number on our fleet and service vehicles

- Yes the hours to the filling station are still limited to business hours Mon-Fri and yes it still requires the Fuelman card - I don't know about the potential for future credit card use

- I can't say what our target numbers are for cng vehicle count - at this point I was hoping to hear the pros and cons about cng in St. Louis area - I am new to Laclede btw

- Don't know about any push by Honda dealers

- We are working to try and get the airport to open up its facilty to the public

Anyway, I hope to try and get some kind of ball rolling here in stl and am looking for people to share their experiences and wants regarding cng

Thanks!!

Comment

Hi Mark,

I glad to hear you're interested in cng vehicles!

Two of the best vehicles on the market today (in my personal opinion) are the Honda Civic GX because it's an oem cng vehicle and the NaturalDrive Impala because of it's incredible range and clean installation. The Impala is a retrofit kit but it's a really nice one - I have seen and driven one and it's AWESOME! Keep in mind that if you don't get an oem car i.e. the Honda make sure you get an EPA certified kit installed by a certified professional.

There are a couple of options for home fueling - the Fuelmaker and the home Phil station. Each one has pros and cons. A great person to contact for more information regarding fueling and cng conversions etc. is Jim Daerda at Alternative Fuel Systems of St. Louis. He is a wealth of knowledge regarding cng. His work number is 314-892-5660, his cell is 314-920-9904 and his email is [email protected]!

Let me know if want to pursue cng further and Laclede will be more than willing to help you as much as we can!

Thanks!!

Comment

saint louis county electrical codes are preventing my fmq2-36 from being approved for installation .. can anyone help??

mark

314-845-0695

we have two ngv honda and plan on getting the camry ngv 2010 next year possibly...

we will fill all three cars from the fmq2-36 unit i am hoping by 2010...

Comment

Richard - I work for a Chevrolet dealer in Oklahoma that is performing CNG conversions here, but we have a partner company, OEM Systems, that has locations both here in Oklahoma and in St. Louis. Our plan is to have the OEM Systems branch in St. Louis become a conversion shop as well. Currently we have not expanded the conversions to that location but as our CNG business grows we will offer it at the St. Louis facility.
                  You can contact John Luber at OEM Systems for more information, 800-810-7252.

Chip Schula, Carter Chevrolet.

Comment

How did the green fleets conference on March 24 go. I was not able to attend. Is there a conference being held elsewhere? Dates?
                    Thanks
                    Ron

Comment

Richard,

Great to hear from you. If you'll contact me I'll be happy to introduce you to several of the Honda dealers in the area that are approved to sell and service the Honda Civic GX. In addition, I would like to introduce you to one of our local Honda Field Sales Consultants who can help you generate some local interest in both of our products.

Thank you again for your post.

Sincerely,

Eric Rosenberg

Comment

Moving thread to the Midwest Forum

Thanks all for chiming in
                        I will move this thread over to the Midwest Forum for housekeeping.

Comment

A few friends and I recently purchased all of the CNG Neoplans from Metro, any suggestions or questions?

Comment

Wow, how many went up for sale? Do they still run and is any organization still servicing them?
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoplan_USA

Comment

Originally posted by LGCrockers View Post
                              Hi! My name is Richard and I am a new Project Engineer in Utilization Engineering at Laclede Gas Company in St. Louis, MO. We are the local gas utility for St. Louis and the eastern Missouri region. Part of my job description involves promoting CNG as a clean-fleet and transit fuel. Utilization Engineering is actually a division of our Marketing department here at Laclede. Just wondering if there are any CNG users or proponents out there in our region. We would love to get the ball rolling! It's hard sometimes because we don't have nearly the environmental focus here in the heartland (vs. California, Utah, Colorado for example). Anyway, feel free to say hi and let me know your situation. I am interested to see how well CNG has worked for everyone! Thanks!
                              Hi Richard! Are you still around here and at LaClede?? I'm interested to find out more about the CNG community and resources in STL myself as I'm thinking of getting into the game. Problem is cost!! With CNG at $1.89 at the Shrewsbury station its not that much cheaper than gasoline. Add to that the potential problems and costs of the vehicles themselves (new/old tanks, replacement part cost) and its tough to justify it.

Is LaClede actively working on making CNG more cost effective in MO (lobbying for govt tax credits, gas prices...)?? - Thanks, VE

Comment

Working...
                              X