2002 GX CA Emissions Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 GX CA Emissions Warranty

I have scanned what I believe is the pertinet parts of the Warranty booklet for the 15 year 150,000 mile warranty some dealers don't seem to know about.

The file is in PDF and should be compatible with Acrobat 7.0 and newer.
    Attached Files

Re: 2002 GX CA Emissions Warranty

Thanks, Larry. Just a reminder to those reviewing this info, the GX had a 8yr/80k mi emissions warranty until 2001. The 15yr/150k emissions warranty is for CA only and applies to 2001 and newer Civic GX's.

As I was reminded by my service dept, you must have a CA registration to be able to take advantage of the CA emissions warranty, or at least prove that the vehicle is predominantly used within the state.

This after a group member from Utah (and at my behest) had their repairs done here and we nearly weren't reimbursed by Honda for a couple of thousand dollars worth of warranty parts we replaced... I'm still waiting for the smoke to clear on that one!

Comment

Yea, the book says that as well. But I was surprised about some things it says it covers including the states of Massachuetts and Vermont and also some transmission control items.

I just completed a longer write up about my experience in the GX forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
        the GX had a 8yr/80k mi emissions warranty until 2001.
        Just to be precise, the 8/80 federal emissions warranty applies to all GXs. You get the 15/150 in CA (and I guess MA and VT) on 2001 and newer only.
        Last edited by freedml; 04-04-2009, 09:38 AM.
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

Working...
        X