• Saltwater - The Alternative Fuel of the Future

Now this is cool.
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Re: Saltwater - The Alternative Fuel of the Future

Sorry,

The file I am trying to upload is a .wmv file. Is there anyway I can upload this file?
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier

Comment

I finally uploaded the file.
      Attached Files
      Jared.
      Mountain Green, Utah
      2003 CNG Cavalier

Comment

That's pretty cool.
        But I wonder how much energy is required to generate the radio wave? Hopefully less than the energy burned by the salt water.

Comment

That is way cool so is this one
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMovXzVOzc4
          Check it out. the guy is already running on water

Comment

Yep,

It's called electrolysis. When you pass an electrical current through water you get oxygen coming off one end of the wire and hydrogen coming off the other end of the other wire. Check out www.water4gas.com for more information. Apparently these guys want $97 for a manual and it shows you to make your car run off of water. It is supposed to get you more that 50% increase in gas mileage. I have been itching to try it.
            Jared.
            Mountain Green, Utah
            2003 CNG Cavalier

Comment

Jared,

Don't buy the manual. In this day and age when all the manuals you need can be had for nothing or next to nothing from the internet somehow this company feels that their manual is worth $97. Also, their website looks a lot like the spam with all sorts of customer testimonials with outrageous claims.

When you 'burn' hydrogen, the resulting product is water. When you burn wood, the resulting product are ashes. Now imagine trying to reconstitute ashes back into wood to burn it. This is what you are doing with water through electrolysis. No matter how this company spins it, it takes more energy to get hydrogen through electrolysis than you get from 'burning' the hydrogen.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Highmarker View Post
                Yep,

It's called electrolysis. When you pass an electrical current through water you get oxygen coming off one end of the wire and hydrogen coming off the other end of the other wire. Check out www.water4gas.com for more information. Apparently these guys want $97 for a manual and it shows you to make your car run off of water. It is supposed to get you more that 50% increase in gas mileage. I have been itching to try it.
                Try it I want to know to. It only takes one person to try it and it works for it to be a great idea, and if it doesn't oh well.
                Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Jared,

Don't buy the manual. In this day and age when all the manuals you need can be had for nothing or next to nothing from the internet somehow this company feels that their manual is worth $97. Also, their website looks a lot like the spam with all sorts of customer testimonials with outrageous claims.

When you 'burn' hydrogen, the resulting product is water. When you burn wood, the resulting product are ashes. Now imagine trying to reconstitute ashes back into wood to burn it. This is what you are doing with water through electrolysis. No matter how this company spins it, it takes more energy to get hydrogen through electrolysis than you get from 'burning' the hydrogen. Incidentally, they do not use saltwater, it is tap water with an electrolite added, like baking soda or vinegar.

I think the idea is VERY interesting, as hydrogen is the most common element in the universe.

Steve
                  If you are trying to build a perpetetual motion machine, you are correct due to the Laws of Energy conservation. That is not what the system is about.

The goal is to change electrical "waste" energy (abt 10 amps) from your alternator and use it to electrolyze water it into HHO, or Brown's gas, which is combustible (and explosive), which burns with, and extends the gasoline mileage of your vehicle. It is similiar to the dual fuel cng-diesel conversion, but with gasoline.
                  Last edited by rtry9a; 06-03-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

How is there electrical waste energy? If electricity is not flowing, it is not wasted. If there is a short circuit of sorts, electricity is used. Since I am not an auto mechanic, there will be something I don't know about the vehicle's electrical system (which would be about 90% of it).

Steve

Comment

Your alternator is always spinning as long as the motor is running- whether it supplies electrons to the battery or not- that depends switches in the regulator that reads the total electrical load. Powering the electrolysis cell might make the alternator run harder/longer but not anything you will notice; the reduced cost of fuel you will definitely notice.

The sellers claim mileage increases in the 20-50% range which I feel is a big deal with $4.00 gasoline. That reduction certainly falls in the savings range that makes it cost competitive with cng in most areas, at a much lower initial cost and less hassle trying to find fuel, and not limited to "spartan" recycled vehicles or a hard-to-obtain overpriced foreign econobox.

I wonder if HHO is compatable with cng? It certainly is with dual fuel vehicles when using gasoline.

Comment

Here's where I am confused about this whole electrolysis thingy.

If you take the oxygen and hydrogen from the water and dump it into the air in-take on your car. Does your car sense the added fuel (oxygen and hydrogen) coming in and automatically lean down the gasoline?
                        Jared.
                        Mountain Green, Utah
                        2003 CNG Cavalier

Comment

Im far from versed in this- still investigating it myself. Im not particularly concerned, because I already have an aftermarket system where I can modify Ford computer settings and select from one of 4 self-programmed ignition and fuel program tables by laptop if desired (using the Tweecer chip)

I believe it all depends on the fuel injection system involved. If a vehicle modifies its mixture in closed loop, some way to modify the O2 sensor output might be needed. I believe HHO is normally injected in front of the throttle body.

If the system is speed density, it might be as easy as injecting the HHO after the maf- in effect fooling the engine into thinking that it is coasting (making more power than the throttle position suggests it should be, in other words, going the same speed/more power at a lower throttle setting).

I believe the HHO is bled below the carb, directly into the intake manifold on older vehicles.

Comment

Several months ago Myth Busters tested one of these online, do it yourself hydrogen generators, it ended up being busted. They got worse mileage and the car didn't run as well when the thing was tied into the system and operating.

It was determined that it couldn't generate enough hydrogen, assuming it was doing so in the first place, to do what it claimed. So who's going to step up and build the first one??? It does sound good in theory though. I think Aluminum Gallium Alloy carries more promise... just add water to it, no electricity required, and it can be easily recycled and reused. Google it, there's a cool video on Google or YouTube about it.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
                              Several months ago Myth Busters tested one of these online, do it yourself hydrogen generators, it ended up being busted. They got worse mileage and the car didn't run as well when the thing was tied into the system and operating.

It was determined that it couldn't generate enough hydrogen, assuming it was doing so in the first place, to do what it claimed. So who's going to step up and build the first one??? It does sound good in theory though. I think Aluminum Gallium Alloy carries more promise... just add water to it, no electricity required, and it can be easily recycled and reused. Google it, there's a cool video on Google or YouTube about it.
                              If someone will donate there skills on installation, and the kit. I will possibly donate the test car. Just a thought

Comment

Working...
                              X