Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salt Lake City, UT to ST. PAUL, MN !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salt Lake City, UT to ST. PAUL, MN !!!!!

This is going to be a crazy trip. My wife's brother is getting married just before Christmas, and I have promised that we would be there. Problem is we only have a dedicated cng vehicle at the moment and we don't want to fly with 2 wild kids and a baby. I have been trying to do my homework to confirm whether or not we can make it.

Here are the details:

Ford
    E350
    5.4L V8
    Factory Dedicated
    3,600 psi
    626,000 miles!!!
    13.5-15 mpg
    30 gge capacity (upgrading to 50)
    Range 405 - 450 (upgraded 675 - 750)

I will be calling all of the stations on whichever route I pick.

I see 3 realistic routes, and of course prefer the shorter of them, however the shortest route has a problem. It requires me to fill up in Cheyenne and Denver, and someone told me that they most likely wont issue me a card fast enough to be of use! I am set to leave on the 15th or 16th of December. Does anyone know if I can get a card in that short of time? Someone wrote that the Denver airport allows credit cards. Can anyone confirm this? In other words has anyone in here actually done it.

Here are the routes. Each has a long distance between stations. Please take a look. I am open to any advice I can get.

Re: Salt Lake City, UT to ST. PAUL, MN !!!!!

I have been at the Denver airport but did not purchase CNG. I believe it to be a credit card system though. It is a Clean Energy station.
    Bob Baldwin
    2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
    2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Good luck, and please keep us updated on your trip. I met a guy once while filling up who bought a dedicated van on the east coast, installed a bunch of tanks so he had a 600 mile range and drove it all the way back to Utah.
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

I would check with Clean Energy's Denver office to ensure you will be OK with credit card payment at the airport.
        http://www.cleanenergyfuels.com/contact.html

If you want to fuel in Omaha please send me a PM and I can see about getting you filled at the gas company.

Comment

Originally posted by blinxpro View Post
          13.5-15 mpg
          30 gge capacity (upgrading to 50)
          Range 405 - 450 (upgraded 675 - 750)
          13 must be nice! I would be happy to see anything over the 10/11 mpg I get with with mine. Is yours a 15 passenger?

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I have the 12 passenger. But due to the factory tank mounted between the rear wheel wells it has always really only been a 8 passenger. I've thought about switching out my back 3 seat bench for the 4 seat bench, but it's probably not worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X