Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record MPG of 39 from Denver to C Springs

Hey All,

Got cng in my bi-fuel 2003 Cavalier while on trip through Denver for my kids softball tourney. Denver International Airport DOES allow public use with credit card at Clean Energy cng site and price was $1.95 per gge.

From Denver airport, I got excellent cng fill of 5.5 gge and during mixed driving around Denver, then on to Colorado Springs and back to Denver, I got RECORD 220 miles on tank of cng in 2003 bi-fuel Cavalier . . . that's a personal record 39 MPG!!

My prior record was 205 miles on a tank but that was a full 6 gge in New Mexico. Only different variables this time were: higher elevation (Denver to C Springs), had K and N air filter, had synthetic Pennzoil platinum oil, and had higher tire pressure of 38 lbs.

All you locals in CO, please pressure Clean Energy to open up ALL pumps to public use with credit card. Also, make efforts to save Stapleton cng site as I heard they were trying to close it. Finally, would be nice if price was more in line with reality of $3.35 per Mcf commodity price of natural gas - - - there is no reason that whole state of CO can't be at $1.49 per gge . . . . or less.
Working...
X