Las Vegas to Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas to Phoenix

I want to take my 08 Civic GX from SLC UT to Las Vegas NV and then to Phoenix AZ. I know I am totally fine to Vegas but has anyone had experience making the trip from Vegas to Phoenix.
    Please advise!!

Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: Las Vegas to Phoenix

Well, the drive down 93 to phoenix from vegas is about 300 miles. I suppose it's possible.. but risky. If you do make it.. you might want to have Murphy install an extra tank in the trunk while you're there for the trip back.. :-)
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

I'm in the Phoenix area and have wanted to be able to do the PHX to LV in our 2000 GX for a long time, but we just don't have the range.... with an '08 you may have the range to do it...(i.e. make it to Washington School district in Phoenix with a complete fill in Henderson so long as you're completely full and drive at or a bit under the speed limit):

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Hend...h+Ave&2z=85029

Good luck!

P.S. Mapquest says its 270 miles
      2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
      Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
      Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
      Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

My advice would be to take it slow. I've found that if I keep my '08 GX around 65 MPH on the freeway I can get about 40 MPG. Fill up at the Ronemus station in Vegas, that's the only spot you can get a full 3600 PSI and you'll need it! Google maps shows it as 290 miles from one station to the other. That's coming pretty close and doesn't give any room for error in case the Washington school district pump is down.

Good luck!

Comment

My last tank full I drove 240.1 miles. When I filled up I had one bar left on the fuel gauge and got 42 mpg for that tank full. Honda GX '07.

I suspect you could make it at 55mph. But I'd get AAA Plus (100 miles towing) and a cell phone.
          Robert '07 GX

Comment

I don't have a clue if you can make it. But, I would also reccomend a double fill in Vegas. Fill at 3000 psi at one of the stations then go to Ronemus and top up - the next morning preferably.

Comment

What about the Charleston I-15 exit dowtown Vegas station? Its more east than Ronemus Street, 28 miles at least round trip.

I was at the pump taking pictures today, I dont have a CNG car.The tag said max pressure 4000 psi on side of pumps(4).
              Attached Files
              Last edited by MrClean; 07-22-2008, 06:29 PM.

Comment

You could take the 15 to the 215 to the 10 east, It's probably an extra 200 miles, but the stretch from Indio to Phoenix is around 240 miles. We really need stations in Blythe, Needles, and Flagstaff. I'd even settle for Parker AZ for a station, you can get aviation fuel (114 octane) right from the pump at the CFN station. I guess it comes down to using up your AAA tows, (only get 4 a year free) cuz I dont think it can be done.
                (pics) I see that is the station that we (Curtis, JT & me) filled up on our way back from the show, I got the same shot (2nd one) cept with Curtis's car in it.
                Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 07-22-2008, 07:16 PM.
                BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Typically the pump dispensing pressure is listed in larger print on or near the pump. My understanding is Ronemus is the only location in Vegas dispensing at 3600. I suspect the tag you are looking at is a max rating for the equipment by the manufacturer.

Comment

I couldn't find a pressure Ill try and call them to get that info. Maybe JetBoatJohnny remembers the pressure he got when he used this pump.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MrClean; 07-22-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

If Ronemus is only high pressure availible, it is pretty much downhill to the east to downtown Vegas. But a lot of traffic.

Comment

YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT

LA to Phoenix you will run out at I-10 and the 101 loop about 15 miles short of the CE station at the airport trust me I know

Vegas down you won't make it either, probably end up just past Wickenburg
                        sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
                        SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
                        2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
                        1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
                        2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Oh for a two gallon tank to go sideways in my trunk.

Comment

The pump at that station is 3,000 psi.
                            BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Working...
                            X