New Tremonton Utah CNG station coming online soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tremonton Utah CNG station coming online soon

I understand Questar will soon complete a new CNG station in Tremonton at the Sinclair gas station where I-15 and I-84 split. If someone in the area could drive by and take some photos it would be good to see this. Please confirm the address so we can get it on www.cngprices.com as well.

Updated address:
    RJ's Sinclair
    2267 West Main Street Tremonton, UT 84337
    (435) 257-3530

This will be the northernmost CNG station in Utah, bringing the next station along I-84 in Boise to only 279 miles away... almost striking distance for a Civic Natural Gas vehicle, especially for hypermilers such as member 300mileclub who, as the screen name implies, can get 300 miles out of his stock Civic GX.
    Last edited by John Mitton; 09-03-2012, 08:34 AM.

Re: New Tremonton Utah CNG station coming online soon

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
    This will be the northernmost CNG station in Utah, bringing the next station along I-84 in Boise to only 279 miles away... almost striking distance for a Civic Natural Gas vehicle, especially for hypermilers such as member 300mileclub who, as the screen name implies, can get 300 miles out of his stock Civic GX.
    Anyone with a 2012 Civic Natural Gas should be able to make this trip without worry by just being a little careful on the gas pedal. The 2012 gets better mileage than the 8th generation civics. I can get this many miles per gallon on my daily commute, which is 25-35% surface driving and the rest freeway in Salt Lake County.

Comment

This is not a Questar Station. It is owned by CNG America just like the Clearfield station.

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
      I understand Questar will soon complete a new CNG station in Tremonton at the Sinclair gas station where I-15 and I-84 split. If someone in the area could drive by and take some photos it would be good to see this. Please confirm the address so we can get it on www.cngprices.com as well.

It should be:
      Jim & Dave's Sinclair
      327 West Main Street
      Tremonton, UT 84337
      (435) 257-5455

Comment

After reaching Boise, it's only 421 more miles to Klamath Falls Oregon

Just kidding on the Klamath Falls thing, although the terrific new CNG station in Klamath Falls is still in the process of going public (it fuels Crater Lake shuttle buses for now.)

The formula seems to be that if a test run is first tried with tires at maximum pressure and holding 50mph as traffic allows, a run like Tremonton to Boise, preferably with the 5-speed (2006 or newer GX) can be successful. Then it becomes easier for others to consider doing it.

Comment

Re: After reaching Boise, it's only 421 more miles to Klamath Falls Oregon

The pump is actually at RJ's Sinclair not Jim and Daves it is right off the I84 exit. As of yesterday only one of the four nozzles was working a 3600psi.

Comment

Kudos to Utah and CNG America for installing yet another public cng pump in Utah!!

At northern end of Utah there is public cng pump also at Logan, UT and Brigham City, UT. Only town left on way to Idaho still without a public cng pump in UT is Snowville, UT. Sure wish other states across country had deliberate placement of public cng pumps to enable cng travel across country.

Comment

Originally posted by KSneedsCNG View Post
              Kudos to Utah and CNG America for installing yet another public cng pump in Utah!!

At northern end of Utah there is public cng pump also at Logan, UT and Brigham City, UT. Only town left on way to Idaho still without a public cng pump in UT is Snowville, UT. Sure wish other states across country had deliberate placement of public cng pumps to enable cng travel across country.
              The booming metropolis of Snowville (pop. <200) will not be getting a CNG pump anytime soon. What we need is more pumps in Southern Idaho. I'd take one or two in the Nevada desert along I80 too.

Comment

Showstopper! I 80 across Nevada doesn't have any gas service-no pipeline

But I wanted to re-examine the southern Idaho area. Intermountain Gas Co opened three "private access" stations Feb 2012 in Twin Falls, Pocatello, and Idaho Falls. These reduce the three trip legs from Tremonton UT to Boise ID to only 115 miles or so each. Which is easy despite the Intermountain stations only having 3000 psi. (source: afdc.energy.gov search private stations)

When I reported that there is a CNG station in Klamath Falls, OR, I meant that there are three 20 ft ASME tubes, compressor -- all new! One would need to learn more about Intermountain Gas, see if the stations have fuel dispensers, perhaps find a yard mechanic to ask what the utility is using them for. AT&T is fueling their service vans at public utility stations in California. That the utilities in California, Utah, and other states are helping out with public fueling -- and the gas utilities in Idaho and Oregon won't -- doesn't help them sell more natural gas.

Comment

Re: Showstopper! I 80 across Nevada doesn't have any gas service-no pipeline

That really is a show stopper across Nevada. I see that Clean Energy says they will put an LNG station midway on I80 in Nevada (http://www.cleanenergyfuels.com/pdf/...NGH.012412.pdf). Let's hope that they use the boil off for CNG vehicles.

I see that there may be some pipelines in Nevada. See: http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natur...line_maps.html. Do you have information that there is no natural gas service through the Nevada desert along I80 between Reno and Wendover?

Comment

Originally posted by CNGLO View Post
                    That really is a show stopper across Nevada. I see that Clean Energy says they will put an LNG station midway on I80 in Nevada (http://www.cleanenergyfuels.com/pdf/...NGH.012412.pdf). Let's hope that they use the boil off for CNG vehicles.

I see that there may be some pipelines in Nevada. See: http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/natur...line_maps.html. Do you have information that there is no natural gas service through the Nevada desert along I80 between Reno and Wendover?
                    As far as I can tell Wendover doesn't have any natural gas service but all the other "major" cities along I-80 (Reno, Lovelock, Winnemucca, Battle Mountain, Elko) have it available either from NV Energy or SW Gas. I heard the new LNG stations are supposed to be in Sparks and Carlin. Not all of the LNG stations are using the boil off for CNG. The new Beaver LNG station doesn't have any CNG dispensers and I was recently in the Phoenix Flying J at 66th and I-10. They had LNG but no CNG available.
                    2004 Toyota Avalon bi-fuel
                    2013 Tesla Model S 85

Comment

Great to see those LNG stations being installed at critical refueling sites across country.

Now just need to pressure them to add ability to purchase CNG with just a credit card. Fact that boil off CNG from LNG is cooler and nearly 100% methane, this would be terrific way to good a great fill for traveling cng vehicles.

Comment

I called them today and the pumps are up and running. My wife will be filling up there this evening. Just bought a 2012 Honda Civic GX...last night! Already loving the savings... Not a very fun car to drive but easy on the wallet. This helps mitigate the gas guzzling Mercedes C63 AMG I will buy in a few months! I cant believe more folks in Utah don't go the NGV route. We just need more filling locations...all in good time.

Comment

My wife just filled in Tremonton. This lets her get to Burley ID where she has some work to do and make it back to Tremonton. I had her fill in Brigham City and then top it off again in Tremonton. She was able to get the gauge on our 1 day old 2012 Honda Civic GX to read one tick below the maximum full mark. Computer estimated a range of 286 miles, but we're still planning on a range of 250 miles which is more than she needs.

Comment

You should be able to easily get 250 miles on a 2012 Civic Natural Gas on the interstate if you don't push it too hard. Watch the iMid display, the green/blue lights, and the 0-70 current mileage displays and you will do fine. I get above 40 mpgge on my car with about 30 percent surface street driving and 70 percent freeway commute.

I am looking forward to my first trip from Sandy to St. George in my 2012. I really want to see if I can make it all the way, about 293 miles. It should not be a problem. I had one tank take me 274 miles with my normal driving. I'm thinking I can get around 50 mpgge on a trip to St. George if I take it easy climbing the mountain passes. The air conditioner can really take a toll on mileage, so you might want to use it sparingly if you are concerned about getting there and back.

Comment

Working...
                            X