Prices raised again???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices raised again???

What gives? Cng is getting expensive enough to make me look into clean, domestic, and recycled biodiesel.

Re: Prices raised again???

Think CNG is expensive at $ 1.46 ??? Take a look at this for Biodiesel
    http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/business/ci_15323863 .

P.S. Wholesale NG is up , and Crude Oil is over $80 today.

Comment

I think having gas delivered to a dispenser @ 4200 psi (my last fill) reliably from a domestic source for $1.45/gallon is the best thing around. These new Questar stations are great. Although I admit that pricing had nothing to do with the upgrades i've seen, it takes all of the sting away from the price increases. I think people in general dont understand what it takes to compress thousands of gallons of cng to over 3600 psi.

Comment

Personally, I think that if the price of CNG gets close to $2 gge I'll switch back to using regular gas and/or diesel. It just isn't worth the hassle of frequent fillups, spotty pressure, and having to drive a crappy old ford pickup.

Comment

Think CNG is expensive at $ 1.46 ??? Take a look at this for Biodiesel
          Maybe y'all haven't noticed, but there's been another price increase and it sits at 1.523 right now. Homebrew biodiesel is MUCH cheaper and solves many of the short falls of CNG. I don't mean that to be the point of this thread, though. I'm really wondering why the new increase??

Comment

Originally posted by slim View Post
            I think having gas delivered to a dispenser @ 4200 psi (my last fill) reliably from a domestic source for $1.45/gallon is the best thing around. These new Questar stations are great. Although I admit that pricing had nothing to do with the upgrades i've seen, it takes all of the sting away from the price increases. I think people in general dont understand what it takes to compress thousands of gallons of cng to over 3600 psi.
            I agree, the new stations are awesome! Having three to choose from in the St. George area is great too. The price is just getting close enough to the point where I will eliminate some of the other difficulties that still exist with CNG (like fueling three times daily, not enough power, etc.) from my life and pursue different alt fuels.
            Last edited by pb4ugo; 08-03-2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Gee, $1.53 at public fueling. I am paying $0.7133 for home fueling.

We need all sorts of alternate fuels to get our nation off OPEC oil. If boidiesel is the answer for your situation. Go for it!

Lack of power? CNG has a 130 octane rating. The highest on the market (and the cleanest). AA fuel dragsters run nitro-methane. I'm not a chemist but that would be natural gas with nitrous oxide to enhance the oxygen level and improve the burn.

I have a 2006 5.4 L Ford pick up and the fuel economy is about the same as gasoline and the power is fine. But then I'm just an old fuddy duddy that drives the speed limit or less. I think it is a nice truck with the super crew cab and towing package and tri-fuel operation. OPEC's fingers are NOT in my pocket.

You want a nice truck or car - convert one that you like. Get an engine with higher compression.

Comment

Questar requested to the PSC a 3.9% rate increase to be effective August 1, 2010. This increase was for all (i.e. in-home, business, and NGV users).

On a side note, I filled up at the Ogden-Flying J station today and the 3,000 psi pump said that the price per GGE was $8.999 and someone filled up 2.222 GGEs and paid $20.00! I called Questar and they said they send someone over to fix it. Also, Flying J must be having issues with their credit card readers, because you had to go inside and pre-pay.
                Jared.
                Mountain Green, Utah
                2003 CNG Cavalier
                2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
                  Gee, $1.53 at public fueling. I am paying $0.7133 for home fueling.

We need all sorts of alternate fuels to get our nation off OPEC oil. If boidiesel is the answer for your situation. Go for it!

Lack of power? CNG has a 130 octane rating. The highest on the market (and the cleanest). AA fuel dragsters run nitro-methane. I'm not a chemist but that would be natural gas with nitrous oxide to enhance the oxygen level and improve the burn.

I have a 2006 5.4 L Ford pick up and the fuel economy is about the same as gasoline and the power is fine. But then I'm just an old fuddy duddy that drives the speed limit or less. I think it is a nice truck with the super crew cab and towing package and tri-fuel operation. OPEC's fingers are NOT in my pocket.

You want a nice truck or car - convert one that you like. Get an engine with higher compression.
                  Oh if only I could build what was in my mind....

but alas, my budget won't allow a custom build and also dictates a used van.

Comment

Maybe it isn't a problem in Utah yet, but here in CA my friend that has a biodiesel car has to pay a lot for used fry oil from restaurants, then purify it, etc. Makes CNG look better and better.
                    02 GX
                    01 GX
                    03 Crown Vic
                    06 GX
                    Home Fueler

Comment

Just think back in the 70's people wanted diesel fuel because it was cheaper because of less demand now look at the price.Year's ago restaurants would be happy to give you there used oil now that people want/need it it comes with a price tag.That is what is called consumer demand which creates a source of revenue which is what creates the system of capitalism. Which in turn allows some to make money.If only you could find a way to allow human waste to become a fuel.You could become independent.

Comment

Hey RocketmanPete . . . great comment and YES there ARE places around the globe where human waste IS being made into fuel . . . ie methane byproduct of waste water plant digester. Think there is big one in Europe and test one here in USA in Michigan . . . of all places.

Los Angeles and other high population areas are prime locations for BCNG (bio compressed natural gas) to be produced by making the waste water plant a "closed environment" for the portion of bio-degrading process of waste that captures the methane.

Same process occurs automatically in landfills and methane can be harvested just by drilling down into the trash mountains of mixed together dirt and trash. Ohio has a cng operation at one it's landfills.

Yet third way is from animal waste and, of all places, there is pretty large-scale feedlot in Texas that has cng operation from harvested methane from cow manure!!

Comment

The wastewater plant that serves the northern half of Salt Lake County, Utah, operates on methane captured from its system. It's been doing so for more than 20 years.

Comment

Almost all wastewater plants harvest "digester gas" It's mostly methane and use it as fuel for boilers and supplemental fuel for engine driven generators.

Comment

please tell me someone has heard rumors about the cost coming back down i need to good news. i wrote to our state reps and just got a form letter back telling me they are doing there best. has anyone heard anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X