Problems Filling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Filling

I have recently had a hard time trying to fill up. After I get the gas flowing it starts to disperse out instead filiing my tank. Positioning it has helped. I drive a 2008 Civic Gx. Any idea what's going on?

Re: Problems Filling

There is a small black "O" ring just inside the fill port on the car. This could be damaged or missing which could cause the problems you are reporting. I always carry a couple of them in the glove box as spares, they are easy to replace and this problem is not uncommon in CNG vehicles.

Comment

If your o-ring is damaged or missing and you don't have a spare, send me an email and I'll send you a few.
      -Derek
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

I had this exact problem as well and it turned out to be a missing O-ring in the fill nozzle.

Comment

I just got my first CNG 1999 Crown Victoria. The manual says that it should hold 10 gallons, but when I fill it from empty it only holds 5.5 gallons. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

Comment

Good chance a tank valve is not opening.

Comment

Hi Mike,
              Thanks for your response. I hate to be a complete newb, but how could I verify/rectify the fact that a tank valve is not opening. It seems that the capacity has trickled up a little from the last fill, but I can't be totally certain of that.

Thanks again for your response!

Comment

Working...
              X