Oil with CNG fill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil with CNG fill?

Has anyone noticed that after filling at Orem you tend to have some foamy crap on your filler nozzle (on the car) when you are done? It looks like oil. Is it? Am I the only one that is seeing this? Or is it something totally normal and I am just an idiot. If needs be I can snap some pics next time I fill.

Re: Oil with CNG fill?

Happens at the Sandy 90th South station too.

Comment

Sounds like oil. Better warn them you'll send them a bill if too much of it gets into your car.

Comment

I notice it too and more in the winter than in the summer. I don't know if it a temperature issue like condensation, but that would mean it is not oil -- it would be water.
        Jared.
        Mountain Green, Utah
        2003 CNG Cavalier
        2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Is oil. As a worn piston's rings on an engine when they got worn, starts leaking compression (and letting pass the oil through them), the compressor is the same. When it gets worn, then the oil from pump and crankcase goes to the storage cylinders, and then due to the high flow at high pressure, to your tank, aaaand, after that, regulator.

Comment

I filled up at Sandy today and noticed the bubbles on the fill nozzle after I disconnected. I wonder if Questar can correct this. It can't be good.

Comment

An oil and water mixture will usually produce a whitish or yellowish colored slime.

Comment

This was more like clear bubbles, but definetly not something I typically see when I fill at other locations.

Comment

My car hasn't been running that great lately, it's been hesitating and even stalling occasionally. It was way past time for a filter change so I figured maybe that was it. When I pulled the LP filter off it had about 2 tsp of oil in the bottom of the filter. The car is running better but I still need to change the HP filter. Wondering if now if I could have a partially plugged injector. The coil packs were changed almost 2 years ago but I guess one of those could be the culprit too. 90% of the time I fill at the airport. I can't say I've ever seen any foaming or liquid at any place I've filled.

Comment

What car do you have? If it's a Honda Civic, when was the last time the valves were adjusted? I would look at that before I tackled the expense of the injectors. In my opinion the coil packs should still be ok, but I'm no mechanic.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill, it's a 2002 Civic. I'm sure the valves are way overdue so I'll probably get those checked too.

Comment

If the dealer determines that you need valves, you will want to look into the aftermarket valves. The valves from Honda are very very expensive. Valves on the Honda start going out around 100K.
                        Originally posted by Blueflame View Post
                        Thanks Bill, it's a 2002 Civic. I'm sure the valves are way overdue so I'll probably get those checked too.

Comment

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the valves. I've got 80,000 on it now so hopefully I've got some time before replacement. Oddly enough I pulled the plugs which all looked nice and tan, inspected and swapped around the coil packs since I was at it and when I put it all back together it is running MUCH better. Just a very slight occasional stumble. Hardly noticeable. I may replace the plugs anyway along with a valve adjustment and that may do it. If it gets any worse I'll try a new coil pack and swap that around until I find the one going bad. They're only about 45.00 at hondapartsnow.com and easy to change. Thanks for the advice on the valves. I didn't realize how critical they were on the GX.

Comment

I wouldn't think that you needed the valves replaced, just adjusted.

Comment

Working...
                            X