New CNG station in Hurricane, Southern Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CNG station in Hurricane, Southern Utah

Calling S. Utah CNGchatters... can someone go out to Hurricane and post some photos on this thread? I hear the compressor has been delivered. This new CNG station will be at the Chevron just a mile or so east of I-15 on Highway 9 (Zion National Park exit).

Beaver is next...
    Thanks Questar, Utah Clean Cities Coalition, DOE!

Re: New CNG station being built in Hurricane, Southern Utah

I drove by the station today. It at the stop light an easy 1.1 miles from exit 16 . GPS: N 37°09.649' W 113°26.025'. It has a foodmart, a sandwich shop, restrooms, and tables. They also have diesel and propane. A good place for a pit stop.

I did not see the compressor on site yet. I spoke to the clerk, they hope to have the cng station up and running by Dec 15 2009.
    Attached Files

Comment

Stopped by there today. Nice looking new pumps (and finally 3600 PSI!), still not running yet. There are two like the one pictured below. The clerk on duty tonight said they're expected to be operational any day now.

Comment

They're up and running now. I had problems trying to fuel there, though.

I was in my '99 Dodge so I went to the 3000 side. After flipping the dispenser on I opened the fill valve, and got nothing. The pressure reading on the display jumped to 3300 PSI, and I couldn't have had more than 1500 in there. I tried another time, and got the same results, plus an E-9 code. Anyone know what might be happening?

Comment

I filled up at this station today (3600 psi side). It worked great. It filled much faster than the station in town.

Comment

A grand opening is planned for Feb. 19.
            See the Twitter feed:
            http://twitter.com/QuestarGasCNG

Comment

I have been getting an e6 error on some of these new style pumps too. Anyone know what it is? I usually get 3/4 fill and then get this error, but it's annoying getting less fuel than the old pump would give me.
              Last edited by Yroc; 01-25-2010, 01:06 PM.
              2000 Escalade (option 3 conversion) FOR SALE
              2004 F150 XLT (OEM conversion)
              2000 Camry (Awesome Car!!)

Comment

The open house for Hurricane has been moved from Feb 19th up to Feb 12th @ 11am.
                Please RSVP per the attached invitation
                Attached Files
                Last edited by John Mitton; 01-22-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I filled up for the first time here last week and got just over 3000 psi when it shut off on my 2001 cavalier. Until reading this thread I did not realize there was a 3000 and 3600 fill side!!! Can't wait to try it again this time on the 3600 side!!! Convient location near I-15
                  I would recomend filling here if traveling south.

Comment

ya this station is great. there is two seperate fill spots there so four nozzles all together. its great. makes for faster fill ups expecially with the 3600 side!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X