Questar's upgrades underway for Bountiful, Orem, Ogden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questar's upgrades underway for Bountiful, Orem, Ogden

In Questar's testimony yesterday to the Public Service Commission I took the following notes. You can listen and see the presentation here:
    http://www.psc.utah.gov/utilities/ga...05721indx.html

Bountiful/Woods Cross
    Current 400 cfm compressor being upgraded to electric-drive 700 cfm

Orem
    Current 100 cfm compressor being upgraded to electric-drive 700 cfm

Ogden
    Station owner is in bankruptcy so new location to get the 400 cfm compressor being taken out of Woods Cross

The Orem and Ogden compressors will go to Southern Utah, likely into new stations in Hurricane (by year end) and Beaver (Q1 2010).

And then there are the upgrades with the DOE Clean Cities stimulus money which we are discussing here:
    http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5439

Please keep this thread on topic of Bountiful, Orem, Ogden

Re: Questar's upgrades underway for Bountiful, Orem, Ogden

It would be nice to get a full 3600+ fillup at all these upgraded stations- wonder if that might be an option?

FWIW, I dont see a need for more of the same, we need to put stations off of the I-15 corridor and a few more in Wyoming, Idaho, and Arizona, maybe in Wendover and Reno.

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
      Ogden
      Station owner is in bankruptcy so new location to get the 400 cfm compressor being taken out of Woods Cross
      Ok please elaborate. Is Ogden station in bankruptcy or Woods Cross? Is Ogden station losing the pumps?

Comment

The Ogden station is in bankruptcy so a new location is being sought. My impression was that Questar would keep the current station operational until the new location is built-out.

The current Woods Cross 400 cfm compressor is being swapped out right now to a new 700 cfm compressor. This frees-up the 400 cfm machine to go into the new Ogden set-up, wherever this might end up being.

Comment

John,

Will the Orem station be taken offline for the upgrade?

I am hoping that if so the time will be minimal as that means my only other options would be to go to Springville or pay $5 a month for the fuelman card and fill up at Alpine School District.

-Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by pro5utah View Post
            John,

Will the Orem station be taken offline for the upgrade?

I am hoping that if so the time will be minimal as that means my only other options would be to go to Springville or pay $5 a month for the fuelman card and fill up at Alpine School District.

-Daniel
            The five dollar charge is only if you have the detailed usage report mailed to you. I paid it for a couple of months until I finally got a hold of someone who could tell me why I was being charged. I now only pay the 3% surcharge. I get my detailed usage statement via email and a paper statement in the US Mail. I pay it electronically through my bank.

Comment

I still would rather avoid opening another credit card to only use it for Orem's downtime. Any clue on how long the station would be out of service?

Comment

The original post indicates Woodscross will up grade from 400 to 700 CFM. Store employees have indicated that they will be adding two more fill lines plus have the credit card swipe. Will all of this result in a better fill up or will the end result be about the same?

Comment

No doubt we will see much better fills with the 700 cfm. Think about it... this is over 300 gge (gasoline gallon equivalents) per hour or 5 gallons per minute. So even if you follow a trash truck or school bus before you and the storage is down to zilch it won't take long to fill up your vehicle.

I will be meeting with some Questar folks on Thursday and will ask regarding anticipateddowntime for the Orem upgrade. I have a couple of extra State Gascards so pro5utah if you want to borrow one I will let you know the total when my bill arrives. Then you will owe me lunch too

Comment

I was speaking directly to a Questar rep. onsite at the Orem location a couple weeks back. He says that the Sinclair owner is allowing ample space for work and they are assembling everything they can at Questar so they can minimize downtime. He sounded optimistic about it being a day or two, however I take that with a big grain of salt. It sounds like a very large project in some respects since they appear to be adding an extension, but I guess we will see.

Comment

John,
                      You are the man. If you hook me up I will gladly buy you lunch. Heck, for all of the work you do for CNG owners in general I would buy you lunch. Of course, I guess that is how you are making your living
                      Dang I am excited for them to make the changes in Orem. 7x the capacity!! Hopefully the reliability of pressure will increase as well.

Keep us posted please.

-Daniel

Comment

Are upgrades scheduled for Brigham City and Logan stations?

Comment

Originally posted by weetee View Post
                          Are upgrades scheduled for Brigham City and Logan stations?
                          I believe that ALL stations are getting upgrades, however, Bountiful, Ogden, and Orem stations are "first" on the list with compressor upgrades. From what I've picked up, all stations will have credit card readers. Now if that is the extent of the upgrades to Brigham and Logan - I don't know.
                          Jared.
                          Mountain Green, Utah
                          2003 CNG Cavalier
                          2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I don't want to get too off topic, but does anybody know the status of the N. Temple Tesoro station?
                            It has been down for at least a month now. I talked to the attendant a week or so ago, and he said that the compressor went out, and that last he heard, Questar was not going to be able to get parts to fix it. He thought they might be looking at replacing it, or swapping it out with one of the old units from one of the upgrades (bountiful was what he mentioned), but said he didn't really know.

Comment

I just filled up at Orem tonight and it looks like they might be getting ready to install the new compressor. The cement was coned off and torn out next to the current compressor, and there was a two foot wide trench dug from that location out to the road.
                              www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Working...
                              X