Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AZ Star conversion qualifies for Utah tax incentive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ Star conversion qualifies for Utah tax incentive?

Hi everyone,

New member here. I've been doing lots of reading on the forums, and finding it very useful. I recently purchased a '99 Civic GX for my wife and it is great.

I'm looking into purchasing a 2000 Bi-Fuel Silverado. However, I have been searching/reading everywhere to find out if I can get the $2500 tax incentive here in Utah, and I can't find a definitive answer. Please help!

The car was converted at AZ Star Alternative Fuels, an Arizona business that is no longer open. It was converted on 9/27/2000, with 78 miles on the car. The sticker says it is kit # 47064, and that the cng tank doesn't need inspection until Aug 2015.

If anyone can shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated! I'm waiting for help so I can make the decision before it sells... thanks!

Re: AZ Star conversion qualifies for Utah tax incentive?

Welcome to CNGCHAT.

Many vehicles were converted in AZ back then, and many of the shops are out of business as you are finding out. Does the vehicle already have Utah tags?.

Try this link to info for your state http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/c...307-121.htm#T5 . I am not in Utah , so some of the members from Utah can chime in to give a better answer.

As to the tank: It "Should" be inspected every 36 months, and the 2015 date is the end of service life / disposal . No Known way to re-certify that I am aware of.

Comment

Thanks for the information Lakewood90712. It has not been registered/plated in Utah yet.

Does anyone know if it is difficult to get the ASE certified statement that CNG system is good?
      I also don't have stuff like the original conversion invoice, or purchase order.
      The only documentation about the CNG system is the sticker. Is it still possible to get the Tax Credit?

Thanks!

Comment

Dear roadrunner,

The certification you need is from CSA-America. ASE only 'certifies' technicians, not vehicles. The recently revised CSA exam does cover the fuel system up to the 1st stage regulator and will include a cylinder inspection, leak test, etc. and a new inspection label on the cylinder that should satisfy most state agencies in that it is the accepted industry standard.

To find the nearest CSA inspector to to:
        http://peoplesearch.csa-america.org/

Good luck,

afvman

Comment

Working...
        X