No announcement yet.

Gov. Huntsman wants to designate I-15 from ID to AZ as a Natural Gas Corridor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov. Huntsman wants to designate I-15 from ID to AZ as a Natural Gas Corridor

Interesting remarks from Gov. Huntsman's state of the state address.

Our second goal will be to designate Interstate 15 from Idaho to Arizona as a natural gas corridor! It makes sense - working with Questar, a great local company - to encourage the use of natural gas which emits almost no pollution, is more affordable and most importantly, is a domestic fuel found right here in our own backyard; getting Utah, and the nation, one step closer to breaking our addiction to foreign oil.

This will require adding infrastructure, looking differently at our regulatory approach and demanding that we look beyond the here and now.
    Read the full talk here: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=5438578

Small article on the talk: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=5433594
    www.CNGUtah.com

Re: Gov. Huntsman wants to designate I-15 from ID to AZ as a Natural Gas Corridor

Here is more of the Speech:
    And don't tell me it can't be done! In just this past year alone, we have witnessed in Utah the opening of a solar farm, a hydroelectric plant, a wind farm and a geothermal plant. To support this energy development, innovation at our higher education campuses is running at an all-time high, like technologies that will ensure the long-term viability of our abundant natural resources. The University of Utah is now second only to MIT in commercialization of cutting-edge research.

But this is just the beginning!

We will be the epicenter for energy development - but we must have the land, transmission, and regulatory framework to make it a reality. We must look beyond 20th century mentalities and bet on 21st century realities. We must pass legislation this year to incentivize, rather than penalize, innovative technologies where the risk is real, but the reward is great.

Our second goal will be to designate Interstate 15 from Idaho to Arizona as a natural gas corridor! It makes sense - working with Questar, a great local company - to encourage the use of natural gas which emits almost no pollution, is more affordable and most importantly, is a domestic fuel found right here in our own backyard; getting Utah, and the nation, one step closer to breaking our addiction to foreign oil.

This will require adding infrastructure, looking differently at our regulatory approach and demanding that we look beyond the here and now.
    Last edited by younkin; 01-27-2009, 10:36 PM.
    Jim Younkin
    www.younkincng.com

Comment

Kudos to our CNGchatters

Beautiful. No doubt all of our letters are now paying dividends. He is taking a direct swipe at the PSC's regulatory ruling here Let's continue to send a strong message to the Governor that we are on board with his vision for NGVs along with contacting the Legislature too. Details here:
      http://www.cngchat.com/index.php?pid=12
      Last edited by John Mitton; 01-28-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Re: Gov. Huntsman wants to designate I-15 from ID to AZ as a Natural Gas Corridor

I understand that Gov. Hunstman himself paid for a conversion on a state Chevy Suburban. I'm curious to know if anyone knows which kit type was installed. I'm not aware of a EPA-certified kit for recent Chevy Suburbans.

Comment

There are EPA certified conversions for the Chevy 6.0L engine. I believe an EPA certified installer (Sno-Motion, recently known as Go Natural), installed the conversion on his Suburban.

Comment

I heard it was a baytech 6.0.

Comment

Gov. Huntsman visited the company I work for in the spring of 2007. He mentioned to us that he wanted to convert his Suburban to hydrogen. But we told him that he wouldn't be able to fill it up here in Utah. He then asked what the "next best thing" was. We told him, CNG. We put him in contact with Rick Oliver of Sno-Motion (now Go-Natural). It is a Baytech EPA certified kit. I believe his Suburban is a 2005. And in 2007, the '05 Baytech kit was EPA certified for the Suburban. However, Baytech has not renewed the '05 kit for '08 nor for '09.
              Jared.
              Mountain Green, Utah
              2003 CNG Cavalier
              2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Maybe there is hope ! Read this link.http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=5578554

Comment

Originally posted by Highmarker View Post
                  However, Baytech has not renewed the '05 kit for '08 nor for '09.
                  FYI gang we will soon have an '08 certification for the Suburban, Tahoe, Silverado, etc. All of the 5.3 liter engines. Our '09 should be done by summer too.

Comment

This SL Trib. article has some extra details (Like Orem going from 100 to 700 cfm!): http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_11691842
                    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

From what I have heard the Gov's kit is not legal. Baytech does have a cert for the 6.0L but not for the EFN (engine family) that is on the Gov's Sub. If someone verified that and exposed that to the media, things would be different, I'm sure. Im sorry can't do it myself, I have just given up on the fight.
                      sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
                      SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
                      2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
                      1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
                      2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Working...
                      X