UT state-owned vehicles & CNG use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT state-owned vehicles & CNG use

Now that the state-owned CNG stations are open to the public I have been frequenting a few of them. Apart from the Jordan School District buses and forklifts I have never seen a state fleet vehicle use the fuel.

Anyone else spot a state fleet vehicle filling up on CNG -- at any station, even the Questar-operated ones?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%
    Last edited by John Mitton; 01-26-2009, 09:22 PM.

Re: UT state-owned vehicles & CNG use

I parked directly across from a state-owned '08 green GX just like mine today. I also saw one filling up at the Tesoro a couple of weeks back.
    Last edited by CNGLO; 01-27-2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I have seen them on the road, but I have not seen them actually filling up on CNG.
      Jared.
      Mountain Green, Utah
      2003 CNG Cavalier
      2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I have never seen a USU vehicle filling at the USU station. I have recently

seen them filling their busses at LW's in Logan. This seems odd to me, as

the USU pump has much higher capapcity. I talked to a bus driver at USU

filling with Diesel, he said it is the only Diesel bus left, and the rest run on

CNG.

Comment

I've seen lots of State of Utah Dual-Fuel Cavaliers on the roads but have never seen one filling up.

On a side note, my brother used to drive the CNG buses at USU. He said they would usually fill at USU and only go to the other station when the USU pumps were down. This was a couple of years ago, before the state owned pumps were opened to the public.
          www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

As far as bi-fuel vehicles are concerned, If you have them in fleets you must mandate the use of CNG and check the vehicles fuel records to make sure the CNG is used. I've seen it in many many government fleets. I'll lay odds that if you check the reconds, they will show low use of CNG. The drivers don't like to fuel the alternate fuels if they have the choice -- it is different and not convenient The fleets could save soooooo much of the tax payers money.

15 years of observation and investigation for what it is worth

Larrycng

Comment

I once asked a state employee how they how they liked their bi-fuel cavalier. The reply was: "It runs pretty good but I have never tried the natural gas."

I had seen her driving this car for at least two years before I asked her.

Comment

There is a gasoline pump in the parking lot of the county / state building in Provo (Utah). I've seen several Bi-fuel Cavaliers filling up there but never at the CNG stations. Once I asked a fueler which station he used for CNG and he didn't know where they were. He just complained about the lack of trunk space. Gasoline was about $4 / gallon at the time and CNG was 64ยข (but the State gasoline pump didn't have a price on it). I wasn't happy at his wasteful use of our tax dollars.
                2004 Toyota Avalon bi-fuel
                2013 Tesla Model S 85

Comment

Working...
                X