Uhp-1 gov-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhp-1 gov-0

I received a response from the UHP on safety.

Peter,

I agree that all vehicles that are being manufactured or converted to an alternative fuel should have an inspection conducted to ensure their safety and the safety of others around it. We have prepared some specific criteria related to 'Alternative Fuel Conversions' that will be placed into our new safety inspection manual for 2009. We feel that this new criteria will assist in removing the unsafe conversions that are currently out there. I really appreciate that you also took the time to bring up your concern with me, as many others have also done so. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Respectfully,

Sergeant Joe Vasquez
    Vehicle Safety Section
    5500 West Amelia Earhart Drive, Suite 360
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84117
    Office: (801) 965-4889
    Fax: (801) 322-1817

Re: Uhp-1 gov-0

Here is the response I got too. We were plesed with Sgt. Vasquez' quick response and sincere interest. Thanks to whomever posted info to contact him in the first place. Let's hope this is only the beginning.

Shauna,
    I agree that all vehicles that are being converted to an alternative fuel should have an inspection conducted to ensure their safety and the safety of others around it. We have prepared some specific criteria related to 'Alternative Fuel Conversions' that will be placed into our new safety inspection manual for 2009. We feel that this new criteria will assist in removing the unsafe conversions that are currently out there. I really appreciate that you also took the time to bring up your concern with me, as many others have also done so. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Respectfully,
    Sergeant Joe Vasquez
    Vehicle Safety Section
    5500 West Amelia Earhart Drive, Suite 360
    Salt Lake City, Utah 84117
    Office: (801) 965-4889
    Fax: (801) 322-1817
    Last edited by fotoshauna; 12-10-2008, 09:47 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
    X