Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New signs requiring EPA approved systems at Questar fill station in SLC

Originally posted by Toby View Post
    So, I bought a used vehicle from a dealer in Arizona. How do I go about obtaining the EPA certificate of approval on it? It was an aftermarket conversion.
    Toby,

You sent me an email regarding this question, and I replied back to you, but it kicked back to me saying that your email was not available. Check you private messages; I sent you one.
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Gentlepeople,

We discussed this at length on last Firday's CNG BlogTalkRadio. Questar feels it's the states responsibility to assure the safety and compliance of aftermarket conversions. Problem is that very few states have required saftey inspection programs and even those don't have a clue about NGV's.

For Questar or any utility to try to enforce compliance has a built-in conflict of interest in that they want to sell gas so...

I think it's up to use as an industry to police (rather than the alternative of having the govenment do it) ourselves. NGVAmerica and CVEF have formed a taskforce to address the issue of qualifying conversion shops and hopefully the bar will be raised. (Oh, I forgot, it has to be set in the first place before it can be raised.)

Send your thoughts to:
      Douglas Horne, Jr. President
      Clean Vehicle Education Foundation
      6011 Fords Lake Ct.
      Acworth GA 30101-8469
      (770) 424-8575
      [email protected]

Best regards,

afvman

Comment

Originally posted by CNG Utah View Post
        It looks like the signs are being posted at non-Questar sites now. I filled up last night in Orem and there was one there as well. The sign looked brand new. I happened to have my camera with me, so I snapped a couple pics.
        I thought the Orem station was a Questar station.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
          I thought the Orem station was a Questar station.
          It is a Questar station
          2000 Escalade (option 3 conversion) FOR SALE
          2004 F150 XLT (OEM conversion)
          2000 Camry (Awesome Car!!)

Comment

Working...
          X