Stephen Wade Honda in St. George & Civic GX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Wade Honda in St. George & Civic GX

I was in Stephen Wade Honda in St. George this afternoon to have the oil in my 08 GX changed. I learned from the Service Manager that Stephen Wade Honda is now certified by American Honda to fully service Civic GX's. He said that two mechanics have completed the necessary Honda training and the dealer has purchased and installed the required support equipment. This means there is a Honda dealer in St. George that can do warranty work on all parts of the Civic GX, including the fuel/CNG system, which is great news.

He didn't know the exact status of Stephen Wade selling new GX's, but he said they have some on order and it's his understanding they have either become an authorized GX dealer or will soon become one.

Re: Stephen Wade Honda in St. George & Civic GX

Originally posted by UtahScott View Post
    I was in Stephen Wade Honda in St. George this afternoon to have the oil in my 08 GX changed. I learned from the Service Manager that Stephen Wade Honda is now certified by American Honda to fully service Civic GX's. He said that two mechanics have completed the necessary Honda training and the dealer has purchased and installed the required support equipment. This means there is a Honda dealer in St. George that can do warranty work on all parts of the Civic GX, including the fuel/CNG system, which is great news.

He didn't know the exact status of Stephen Wade selling new GX's, but he said they have some on order and it's his understanding they have either become an authorized GX dealer or will soon become one.
    why are you changing the oil I change the oil in my cng cars and truck at 100000 and the drain oil still looks like it might have 5000 miles on it in a gasoline car I do this more because it seams like I should than need and I have never had a oil related failure sounds like a waste of good oil and money and why go to the dealer for a oil change anyhow fewer oil changes are a benafit of burning cng no carbon no dirty oil just more savings

Comment

Regarding the oil change...

1. If I don't change the oil according to Honda's specs, they might hastle me if I need a warranty repair.

2. I guess I come from the "old school" where I have always changed the oil in a new car after the first 3 or 4k. It cost me just $25, which in my mind is worth it.

3. I agree that the oil in a dedicated CNG vehicle lasts much longer. I use that as a selling point with friends.

4. I change the oil in my 2003 F150 dedicated about every 10k.

Comment

I do agree with the first oil change I do that at 1000 mi after I build a motor to get the shaveings from break in out than if dedicated forget it and it must be a good dealer for 25 dollers filter and oil would cost 13 or 14 not bad price I do use good oil as I dont change it delo 15-40 in everything I own how offen dose honda tell you to change it? just wondering I dont buy new so no warranty to worry about my warranty is if it breaks gotta fix it LOL

Comment

Dear UtahScott,

First and foremost, thank you for your purchase of your Civic GX. I would like to clarify several things regarding your post.

Any Honda dealer can send their techs to any Honda service school class, the dealer does not have to be a "certified" Civic GX dealer to do so.

Technically, the master techs from the dealer attends the two day Honda school and becomes "certified". Then the tech can perform services but this does not mean that the dealer is a sales point for the GX. I'm sure that the service department can perform routine services to the GX but I don't think they can perform warrenty work. I will check on Monday when I'm back at work and will repost then.

I can confirm that the dealer is not currently an applicant to become a GX sales point nor do they have any cars on order.

There are currently two dealers in the State of Utah certificed to sell the GX (Ken Garff and Larry Miller).

I hope that this information helps.

Thank you again for your purchase,

Eric

Comment

Working...
          X