Station vandalism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Station vandalism

This week the Murray station card reader was vandalized as was the Orem station pumps. It took Questar 14 hours to get Orem back up and running and the Murray station should be back on line by the end of this week.

If everyone could keep an eye out for whoever is doing this and report it to the police Questar would appreciate it. I know we are all getting frustrated with low pressure due to a 150% jump in station use since November, but vandalism is not the answer.

Please use the Questar HQ station 1150 W. 200 S. as much as possible as it has 6 hoses and massive compression capability. It is just 1/2 mile from the 400 S exit so it is easy-off, easy-on the carpool lane.

I think our letters to Questar and the Public Services Commission are making an impact. If the PSC will approve a plan by Questar to raise rates at the pump in order to re-invest in the additional stations and capacity we will all benefit. Please write if you have not already, thanks!

Edited to add:

There will be someone at Murray today until 8pm and tomorrow from 7 am to accept cash or checks (checks are preferred).

Re: Station vandalism

Questar HQ station 1150 W. 200 S
    What town is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryect View Post
      What town is that?
      Salt Lake City.
      From the 400 S off-ramp (heading north or south) go one block west to the traffic light at 900 W. Then head north to 200 S (four-way stop). Turn west about 1/4 mile and you will see the station next to the Questar building.

HOV-lane accessible station, can't beat it

Comment

Do your stations have security cameras?

Comment

The vandalism was fixed but the pump was down today. Card reader was not working and the pumps were at 0 pressure.

Comment

Maybe the vandals own a bunch of Exxon stock

Comment

Did they ever catch the thug who burned the Utah public cng refueling site that "caused explosion" which really was PRD . . pressure relief device??

At minimum, neighborhood watch should be setup to monitor unusual late night visits to public cng pumps. Then, setup security camera systems as soon as possible.

The last thing that cng movement needs is vandalism like this. Let's catch em now!!

Comment

It's extremely sad where we live in this kind of society where people vandalize. If you are a CNG owner or not vandalizm affects us all regardless.

It would make no sense that people would go around vandalizing gas pumps and/or credit card machines at the pumps. I suppose if someone is bored and has absolutely nothing to do it would give them some form of entertainment. Of course...catching the SOB's who do it and what I would deem legal to do to them would give me some form of entertainment too.

Comment

Murray is still not up and running. There was a security camera at the building monitoring the parking lot. It did catch some of the vandalism on tape. Law enforcement is reviewing the tape to see if it leads to arrests. Let's all hope so.
                  Jared.
                  Mountain Green, Utah
                  2003 CNG Cavalier
                  2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I think I know who it was. It was the ceo's of all of the major gas companies. They don't like the competition and are sending a message. Well I guess I could be wrong.

Comment

I would be shocked if the vandals were ngv owners. Probably some dumb kids or the oil companies?

Comment

Originally posted by Xray View Post
                        I would be shocked if the vandals were ngv owners. Probably some dumb kids or the oil companies?
                        The vandalism that I saw when I filled up that day consisted of someone writing with a black marker on the flat stainless steel surface something like "low pressure, 2000 psi pressure when will these pumps be fixed" Or something to that effect.

It was clearly a frustrated ngv owner.
                        Robert '07 GX

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
                          This week the Murray station card reader was vandalized as was the Orem station pumps. It took Questar 14 hours to get Orem back up and running and the Murray station should be back on line by the end of this week.

If everyone could keep an eye out for whoever is doing this and report it to the police Questar would appreciate it. I know we are all getting frustrated with low pressure due to a 150% jump in station use since November, but vandalism is not the answer.

Please use the Questar HQ station 1150 W. 200 S. as much as possible as it has 6 hoses and massive compression capability. It is just 1/2 mile from the 400 S exit so it is easy-off, easy-on the carpool lane.

I think our letters to Questar and the Public Services Commission are making an impact. If the PSC will approve a plan by Questar to raise rates at the pump in order to re-invest in the additional stations and capacity we will all benefit. Please write if you have not already, thanks!

Edited to add:

There will be someone at Murray today until 8pm and tomorrow from 7 am to accept cash or checks (checks are preferred).
                          They've apparently decided to take the money. Can you imagine what would follow a 1/3 price increase at the GASOLINE pumps overnight?

Let's see if they actually spend it on new equipment. I'm betting they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
                            They've apparently decided to take the money. Can you imagine what would follow a 1/3 price increase at the GASOLINE pumps overnight?

Let's see if they actually spend it on new equipment. I'm betting they don't.
                            If you don't like the 30% increase talk to the state, they're the ones who take the road tax. I for one have no problem paying the road tax as even if we're burning CNG instead of gasoline we still use the same roads.

Comment

The 8.5 cent state road tax will come on in January. This latest rate hike was due to Questar Gas' across-the-board tariff increase approved by the PSC, affecting home heating rates & etc. It was not specific to station refueling.

Comment

Working...
                              X