Utah Tax Credit On Previously Converted Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Tax Credit On Previously Converted Vehicle

I bought a Chev Tahoe converted to CNG by AZStar in Arizona back in 2000-2001. AZstar has since gone out of business.

The system is an Ecofuel FMS system and I have found out that it was a certified kit under "option 3" but doesn't have an official EPA cert like modern ones do.

I have two questions:

Can I get my TC-40v signed off without an EPA cert
    What do I put down for conversion cost when AZStar is out of business?

AFVtech said that he recalled that kit went for somewhere around $7000 but couldn't be sure. What value is placed on this?

I believe AZ star did quite a few Chevy 5.3's and would not be suprised if many people in Utah have claimed the credit on this system, I just wanted to get my details straight.

Thanks for your replies!

Re: Utah Tax Credit On Previously Converted Vehicle

I have a 2000 escalade with the eco/fms system done by AFVtech and had no problem claiming the full $2500 tax credit. There is no way the conversion was less than $5000, so you'll be safe with that. Is your check engine light on when you run on CNG? Mine is and I had to pass emissions on regular gas, then get a signed letter by a certified mechanic that it ran properly on CNG, that's the only wierd thing I had to do. Good luck
    2000 Escalade (option 3 conversion) FOR SALE
    2004 F150 XLT (OEM conversion)
    2000 Camry (Awesome Car!!)

Comment

Re: Utah Tax Credit On Previously Converted Vehicle

Yroc,

Thanks for the info! Sounds like you have the same system I do. How long ago did you claim your credit?

Thanks,
      Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X