Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats up with Cedar City

Hi,

I am new to this forum and to CNG. I just picked up my new Honda Civic GX in So. Cal yesterday and am now doing some business in Cedar City and St George on my way back to Salt Lake City. I filled up in St. George and Cedar. St. George had 3,000 psi and a decent fill (some repairmen were working on the pump as I filled up). I had dinner in Cedar with a client and had a strong head wind, so I used almost half my tank getting up to Cedar, so I decided to try the Cedar Station. It had less than 2,000 psi and I was only to get about a gallon into the tank. I mentioned it to the attendant and they said that other people had complained about it. I hope I will have enough to get to Fillmore. I realized how I am very dependent on one pump in St. George and one in Cedar and Fillmore. If they are down, I guess I am stuck in So. Utah!
    I have a good friend that is high up at Questar and I send him an email.
    Has anyone heard what is going on with Cedar? Has anyone else down here had the same experience?
    Thanks,
    segeln4me

Re: whats up with Cedar City

Hey segeln4me it was nice bumping into you in Filmore today

Cedar, as with many stations, it seems to be supply vs. demand. The stations that Questar built-out over the years were primarily for their own fleet as well as for the NGVs the State had in their fleet too. Since most all of the NGVs in these two fleets were bi-fuel no one used the stations much since it was so much easier to fill with gasoline. So Questar went with smaller compressors and limited tank storage to handle the load. It was fine until now...

What a difference a couple of years make! Now the general public here in Utah is snapping up NGVs from all over the country to take advantage of our low fuel prices. Those poor little compressors are running constantly. I know they added more compression and storage in Clearfield recently. Hopefully they will do the same all over, especially in places like Cedar City and St. George where there are no other stations around.

Comment

Cedar is struggling to keep up with the demand! Pressure is poor often, especially in the afternoon or evening - my husband has better luck early in the morning but I can't get there then. Don't count on this pump getting you to full. Today I got to 2700 PSI about 3/4 tank in my Cavalier.

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
        Hey segeln4me it was nice bumping into you in Filmore today

Cedar, as with many stations, it seems to be supply vs. demand. The stations that Questar built-out over the years were primarily for their own fleet as well as for the NGVs the State had in their fleet too. Since most all of the NGVs in these two fleets were bi-fuel no one used the stations much since it was so much easier to fill with gasoline. So Questar went with smaller compressors and limited tank storage to handle the load. It was fine until now...

What a difference a couple of years make! Now the general public here in Utah is snapping up NGVs from all over the country to take advantage of our low fuel prices. Those poor little compressors are running constantly. I know they added more compression and storage in Clearfield recently. Hopefully they will do the same all over, especially in places like Cedar City and St. George where there are no other stations around.

Hi John,

Nice to meet you today! I am glad to see you made it to Springville and then home. I felt bad passing you, but I noticed I had plenty of fuel left to make it to springville and just decided to go the speedlimit! And the Springville pump was at 3,600 psi! Great!

Thanks for the heads up to get gas at 4:30 am in Cedar or St. George, LOL!

Take care!

Segeln4me

Comment

Working...
        X