Experience with Sno-motion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with Sno-motion?

Has anybody had experience with Sno-motion in Utah? Are they honest? Pricey? Quality of work?

Thanks

Re: Experience with Sno-motion?

SNO-Motion is a great shop with very experienced CNG mechanics... and are completely swamped with more work than they can possibly handle. Don't expect to just show up and get service on the spot from them these days.

Rick tells me they are soon to move to a much larger facility, so hopefully this will free them up a bit.
    I am going to move this discussion over to the Utah forum.

Comment

We have used them for a lot of work and they always treat us right. Just make sure to call ahead and make an appointment.
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Sno-Motion has more than 15 years experience with NGVs. More than anyone else in Utah. If I was going to have my truck converted or have my Cavalier worked on, I would have them do it. I know Rick and Matt personally and they are good, honest people.
        Jared.
        Mountain Green, Utah
        2003 CNG Cavalier
        2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Black cat here
          Sno-motion installed 3 tanks along with the kit eco, they were all ways friendly and tryed to make things right even if it is a Ford Windsar van and they say it is hard to make it Ford really run right, for over a year it has stalled at 40 miles an hr and under to idleing they had me come back and tried to have it run right with out any charge to me, yes I sure love $. 64 a gallon and learning to live with the stalling. yes Sno-Motion really tries.
          Last edited by black cat; 04-29-2008, 09:39 AM. Reason: spelling check

Comment

I had a problem with my truck last summer. I gave Ed Kenley a crack at it, but they didn't totally get it fixed. So I call Champion Ford, and start asking a bunch of questions about their ability, as well as Ed Kenley, and Sno-Motion. After a 15 minute conversation with the Tech, he finally says if it were him, he'd go to Sno-Motion because you get more for your money...

Since Sno-Motion fixed it, I haven't had a problem.

Comment

Anyone have contact info for them?
              --------------------------------
              1999 Ford Crown Victoria
              Dedicated CNG Interceptor

Comment

Originally posted by xravenwingsx View Post
                Anyone have contact info for them?
                http://www.sno-motion.com/contact.html

Comment

Just an update, my employer took one of our CNG shuttle buses in last week and they had the CNG leak on the bus fixed in less than 48 hours. Great job, Sno-Motion!
                  --------------------------------
                  1999 Ford Crown Victoria
                  Dedicated CNG Interceptor

Comment

Rick took me over to see their new facility in Woods Cross last week. It is going to more than quadruple their capacity, and they should be moved in by the end of this month.

Comment

I have had experience with Sno-Motion. They fixed a Ford van for me a few years ago. They replaced the o-rings and the coil packs. They charged me about $900. I thought they were very fair with me and treated me well. They have more experience with CNG vehicles than anyone else in Utah, I believe.

I was referred to them by a friend of mine, Jeff Noorda that had his Bronco tuned up there. Matt tweaked his regulator and did not even charge him.

Comment

That is quite the reference from Ashton Motors, considering that they are a competitor that sells the non EPA version of cng kits. How much can I get one for?
                        Even though I call Snow motion (SLOW motion) they have seemed to be overwhelmed with the demand. If what MR. mitton said is true they should be fine, and getting away from there SLOW motion back to there real name. You can't fault them for there problems. It is just the business there in right now.

Comment

I e-mailed on the contact info page, I know they are swamped so I'll ask ya'll this q. Do you have to take your vehicle in to get a quote and set the appt, or can it be done over e-mail?

Comment

why aren't places like sno-motion advertising what they can do.... Maybe even a list of standard'ish prices for different commonly converted vehicles? It seems like with the utah market the way it is right now they would make a killing.

Comment

i have a dedicated f-150 and they added 12 more gallons. Awesome guys my advice is to just go there and get your name on the schedule. it might take some time to get your car worked on but when your time comes around the are devoted to you and your car. bring them some coffee ecause those guys work hard. 12 gallons installed 1600 $ and worth every penny 400-450 miles per fill-up

Comment

Working...
                              X