Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300mileclub
    replied
    (vBulletin continues . . ) [COLOR=rgb(5.490196%, 5.490196%, 5.490196%)]part of UTAs continuing effort to improve air quality along the Wasatch Front. UTA has 47 CNG buses at its Central Bus Division and says it plans to add dozens more CNG buses by the end of 2016. (No public access.) [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(10.980390%, 12.941180%, 13.725490%)]http://www.fleetsandfuels.com/fuels/cng/2016/01/utah-transit-opens-cng-fueling- facility/?utm_source=Fleets+%26+Fuels+January+6%2C +2016&utm_campaign=fleetsfuelsnewsbrief&utm_medium =email [/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• 300mileclub
    replied
    [COLOR=rgb(5.490196%, 5.490196%, 5.490196%)][FONT=ArialMT]The Utah Transit Authority has opened a new compressed natural gas fueling facility for an expanding fleet of CNG buses

Leave a comment:

• 300mileclub
    replied
    [COLOR=#111111][FONT=Arial][SIZE=12px]The Utah Transit Authority has opened a new compressed natural gas fueling facility for an expanding fleet of CNG buses

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied
    Re: Public access to Utah's state-owned stations

I met up with Margaret and Jeff Done on Thursday in the Governor's office during the ceremonial signing of the various energy bills.

This is the current plan:
    The University of Utah station will be open to the public on July 1st. It will only accept a special state-issued GASCARD (no Visa/MC). Those of us who already have GASCARDs (i.e. from Haycock Petroleum in Vegas) will not be able to use the station -- everyone will have to apply for the special card. The state will not be billing us, our invoices will come directly from GASCARD.

The form we fill out to apply for the card will include our agreement to allow state vehicles to have priority in filling at the station(s). The GASCARD system allows her to also curtail usage by the public in restricting our access to certain hours, days, etc. The plan for the U station for now is to provide 24/7 access, but be forewarned that if our use of the station(s) starts interfering with state vehicles getting filled this may change.

Station maintenance will continue to be handled by the state personnel, with backup services provided (as is the case now) by two outside servicing organizations.

I am pushing to get all of the stations opened up to us, but for now she wants to get the U up and running before making any new commitments.

Our Utah CNGchatters will be getting an e-mail from me over this weekend with some suggestions on letters we can write to Questar, the Public Services Commission, and the Governor regarding not only this implementation of HB103 for public access to the state alt fuel network, but also on getting our crumbling Questar infrastructure back on track to handle the exploding demand being placed on it.

Stay tuned...

Leave a comment:

• j03j03
    replied

Hey John is there anything we(the people in Cache Valley) can do to help convince them we need the USU station? We've been having really poor quality fills for the last 2 months or so and the one on USU would be of great help. The station at LW's can't keep up with the demand. I've seen the questar guys working on the compressor at least 3 times this month just trying to keep it running. If there's something I can do, please let me know!

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

She had a number of inquiries for the RFP but everyone who was interested in taking over the maintenance did not want to mess with installing a card reader. That is why we are working toward using the existing GASCARD reader instead. The question of course is if the state is still OK with maintaining them, or if a new RFP is in the works for "maintenance only"

Leave a comment:

• Yroc
    replied

I heard that no one put in a bid to take care of the stations. Is this true? Are these stations still heading towards being open to us regular folk?

Leave a comment:

• kirkbenge
    replied

Thanks for the quick reply John,

I was curious if there are any other government fill stations that could potentially be impacted by this law. I was interested if any City stations would be directly impacted, or if some stations located outside the Wasatch front might also be opened to the public.

Some stations on my mind were:
    1- The fill station in Delta, which is operated by the Utah Test & Training Range (my guess is that this is a Federal government station, and not influenced by the state decision?)
    2- Orem City station (are City owned stations affected by this law?)
    3- Murray City station (same question)
    4- Salt Lake County Oxbow Prison (is this a county owned station?)

I was just curious if anyone knew if the State Division of Fleet Services was in charge of any of these other stations, and if they might be opened to the public. I have a feeling that these types of stations might not be directly influenced by H.B. 103, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows for sure.
    If they aren't influenced, do you think there are any ways of creating pressure to open them to the public?
    I personally feel that the more stations that we can open to the public, the less pressure any single station is going to experience. More stations = stable infrastructure and better pressure for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

Hi Kirk,
    The list is in the opening post:
    * Utah State Univ.
    * U. of Utah
    * Granite School District
    * Alpine School District
    * Jordan School District
    * UDOT

The old Questar guide (attached) has the addresses.

Margaret seems fine with opening most all of them to us except:
    * UDOT is not much more than a time fill operation: small compressor, small storage, access for public is problematic.
    * Utah State might compete with Conoco however I am trying to convince her that when the Conoco station is down, folks are going to need an alternate in Logan.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kirkbenge
    replied

I'm aware of the University station, but does anyone know what other stations might be made available to the public?? I have read the House bill, and it simply stated that stations would be opened to the public if... "there is no commercial fuel site that meets the geographical compressed natural gas distribution needs of private individuals or entities..."
    I sure hope that when they talk about "meeting distribution needs" that they are considering the extreme pressure on existing stations. I would certainly hope that they would consider opening up places like Jordan School District, or Granite School District, even though there may technically be a station nearby.

Has anyone seen a list of potential sites? Maybe this site should host a formal vote, and then propose locations that we feel should be given priority. (IF we can get a list of potential stations that is)

KIRK
    Last edited by kirkbenge; 05-27-2008, 09:19 PM. Reason: additional thought

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

Margaret let me know that they are still targeting July 1st to provide access at the U, and hopefully other stations too. The current thinking is to just allow us to use GASCARDs (such as you can get from Haycock Petroleum for Vegas stations).

Leave a comment:

• Jennifer
    replied

Annam, I think you'll just have to be patient. Only state fleet vehicles can fill there right now.

Leave a comment:

• annam
    replied

Does anyone know what kind of gascards they use at the U or if there is any way I could get access before they formally open it? I am a student there and since I am there almost every day and pay them a lot of money each semester that would be nice to be able to fill up there.

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

It looks as if the RFP (RT8021) has been extended one week to May 14, 2008
    http://www.rfpdepot.com/DPX?ac=view&auc=103905

Leave a comment:

• lshuster
    replied
    Good News: E-mail Updates on the UofU NGV station progress

Dear fellow CNGCHATer's,

(Just forwarding an e-mail update -- just in time for Earth Day --
    to all interested parties).

Sounds like the U of U is fully onboard and eager to move forward. (That is very good!) Looks like the ball is firmly in the State's court, (and the RFP process) as indicated below.

I'm hoping we're able to make adequate celebration plans for participation and inclusion with not only State of Utah officials, but also the University's Office of Sustainability and appropriate Salt Lake City officials, so there's time to get out appropriate press releases, invitations, etc. This will go a long way to helping NGV'ers on the eastside of Salt Lake access clean fuel and improve air quality.

Thanks again, to all who contributed their time and efforts into making
    this happen. With a bit of luck, it won't be long now.

Lee K. Shuster
    University of Utah

Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:57 PM
    To: Fred Hunsaker; Lee Shuster
    Subject: RE: Proposal for Celebrations

Dear Representative Hunsaker,

As discussed in advance of last year's legislative session, the University of Utah is happy to assist in the public's consumption of CNG at the fueling station located on campus. The University of Utah is ready to participate in discussions with all pertinent players to work out the details of this proposed process.

I and other University staff will await a call from appropriate State Department of Administrative Services personnel to get things started.

Regards,

Michael G. Perez
    Associate Vice President
    Facilities Management

University of Utah

Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:35 PM
    To: Lee Shuster
    Subject: RE: Proposal for Celebrations

Dear Lee Shuster,

I think it would be very appropriate to have a ribbon cutting ceremony to
    celebrate the opening of the CNG pumps at the U of U to the public. I have copied Kim K. Hood, the Executive Director of the State Department of Administrative Services, Margaret E. Chambers, the Division Director of State Fleet and Surplus Property and Mike Perez the Assistant Vice President for Facilities at the university and would ask them to please work with you in making this event happen.

Thanks,

Rep. Fred R Hunsaker

Leave a comment:

Working...
X