Fueling at Unmanned Stations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fueling at Unmanned Stations

Hey all, this might sound like a stupid question to those who are well acquainted with the unmanned Questar stations, but in order to fill do you have to run a credit card and enter the pump that you are using before you fill?
    Megan
    Logan, UT

Re: Fueling at Unmanned Stations

That is the case at the airport- the only one Ive tried so far

Comment

Yes. Most have directions posted.

Comment

Thanks for the help.
        Megan
        Logan, UT

Comment

The only one I've used is the one on 2nd South near Questar. There is a little booth that you go in and put your card in. I don't know if the others are the same. It's a 3600psi stations.
          Max

Comment

Hello Megan (CngGirl),

Great to have ALL your questions . . . means you really are using cng!!

I'm the opposite as only have used unmanned cng public stations ranging from New York to Arizona. That was until I bought a used Ford bi-fuel Contour and picked it up in Utah and went to local filling station, and whallah there were 2 cng pumps mixed in with other petrol pumps. Filled up the 5 gge tank for under $3 . . . Wow!!! Utah is awesome for their support for cng!! Wish that every new monster petrol filling station with 12 to 16 pumps was REQUIRED to have public cng, along with E85 pump or they couldn't be built. QuickTrip builds several new mega filling stations a year near where I live, yet not a single one has cng. Same way with Murphy USA mega stations that are going up all over in front of Walmarts - - no CNG in any of them.

Curious about your age, as I'm trying to convince my 14 year daughter that she should love idea that I'll have a bi-fuel car for her to use in next year or two. Maybe by then petrol will be $5+ per gallon and cng will be much more accepted nationwide here in USA. It's a shame that Germany soon will have more public cng pumps in that small country than ENTIRE country of USA!! That is not right.

Maybe Utah governor can run for President and get WHOLE Country of USA going on CNG in 2012 . . in meantime, keep up the good work Utah!!

Comment

Hello! I am 20 years old and absolutely love my cng car! If only I had known about that when I was 16 and driving my first car, I can't imagine the amount of money I would have saved by now. I've been paying for my own gas the whole time I've been driving, and I figure I would have saved around $1000 a year! I'm not sure where you live, but I'm betting that natural gas is still cheaper than regular gas. That would have been a huge incentive for me when I was 16 years old!
              Megan
              Logan, UT

Comment

Working...
              X