Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ontario station announcement.

PE.com - Ontario Airport signs fueling station deal
    Ontario International Airport has awarded a 10-year concession agreement with Clean Energy Fuels Corp. to build, operate and maintain a compressed natural gas fueling station at the airport. Los Angeles World Airports' Board of Directors approved the agreement Monday, according to airport spokeswoman Maria Tesoro-Fermin.

Clean Energy Fuels Corp. will pay to build the station. The airport operator expects to receive at least $160,000 in rent and royalties in the first 10 years of the agreement. The airport's natural gas fleet and Ontario Airport's future shuttle bus fleet would likely save more than $180,000 in the first year and $1.8 million over a span of 10 years.
    Looks like LAWA has signed a deal with Clean Energy for a new station at Ontario International Airport. Seems odd, as I had heard there was another company working with a nearby gas station to build one for airport fleet use. I also wonder how they will be able to compete with the $1.72/gge at the City of Ontario a few blocks away.
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Re: New Ontario station announcement.

They will probably be busy because I have found the city station to be VERY unreliable.
    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

the city station is just quirky. It's reliable, just over worked.. if that makes sense. Basically, if you get there before 11am, you'r probably gonna get a great fill. After that though, the morning garbage and sweeper runs finish up, and start plugging into the slow-fill, which takes priority from the fast fill. It stays low 'til about 7pm when it finally starts getting caught up.

Great price there though... $1.72 steady for YEARS.

Comment

I tried the city station about a month ago and the pumps would not activate after card authorization. Anyone use this station recently?

Also, has anyone tried the Ontario airport area "UPS - ALT" station listed on CNGprices.com? I think this is an LNG / CNG station which requires special key access.

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
          I tried the city station about a month ago and the pumps would not activate after card authorization. Anyone use this station recently?
          I use it as my primary station. I've never had a problem using any of my Visa cards. Insert card, enter pump number, wait for authorization (I think it's dialup.. takes a bit to use unless already still connected from a previous purchase), and press ON or switch to ON on the pump.

Also, has anyone tried the Ontario airport area "UPS - ALT" station listed on CNGprices.com? I think this is an LNG / CNG station which requires special key access.
          That station is a joke. It requires creating a special account, just to buy your CNG at $4.14/gge (billed monthly). It also doesn't seem to be all that reliable, since I routinely see UPS drivers filling up at the city yard.

Comment

I saw the new CE Station at ontario airport today. It is just besides the rental car building and looks complete. Seems like it will be operational very soon. waiting in exciting to see it operational.. the ones in ontario city yard and UPS are hopeless !!

Comment

I fill up every other night at Ontario city yard, works fine for me @3100 psi from what the pump gauge says. I have more problems at Azusa so cal gas.

Comment

Originally posted by onefasteg View Post
                I fill up every other night at Ontario city yard, works fine for me @3100 psi from what the pump gauge says. I have more problems at Azusa so cal gas.
                could you tell me if this has open access 24/7? also the address? thanks

Comment

24/7, and the address is:

City of Ontario City Yard
                  1440 S Cucamonga Street Ontario, CA 91761

Try here:

http://www.cngprices.com/index.php?l...g=-117.6141457

Comment

CE station near ontario airport is finally operational now. I filled up yesterday. All pumps are 3600 and I think they have total 8 in number. Price is bit high at 2.89 per gge.

Comment

Originally posted by revnav View Post
                      CE station near ontario airport is finally operational now. I filled up yesterday. All pumps are 3600 and I think they have total 8 in number. Price is bit high at 2.89 per gge.
                      Way to high, I seen the price and left, for $2.17 at the city yard you can't beat that.

Comment

What is the address of this new Ontario Airport station? We need to get it on the www.cngprices.com map. Please go there and click on "Add a station" thanks!

Comment

What is the address of this new Ontario Airport station? We need to get it on the www.cngprices.com map. Please go there and click on "Add a station" thanks!
                          The LA World Airports press Release:
                          http://www.lawa.org/newsContent.aspx?ID=1563 John, I will make a call tomorrow to my contact at LAWA and get the address.
                          Last edited by Lakewood90712; 03-30-2012, 01:09 PM. Reason: removal of approx. station location

Comment

Sounds like nice cng pump with 4 islands of 2 hoses each for 8 cng hoses total.

Ontario, CA price is exhorbinant at $2.89/gge per above poster when you compare with to $2.44/gge at massive Gulf cng refueling site at Newark, NJ airport which is also multi-fuel, convenience store, bathrooms, etc. That's 18% markup at ONT airport versus Newark. Great news to have the new cng pump, disappointing news on the price.

Press release says "With the exception of fuel purchased by the airport, the project comes at no cost to LAWA and is projected to save ONT more than $1.8 million over the next 10 years in preferential pricing for LAWA and passenger courtesy shuttle bus fleet,” adds Jess Romo (LA/Ontario International Airport Manager). Romo says there are 45 cng vehicles in fleet that will be fueling there.

For the convenience of this cng site, public users like taxi's will be subsidizing the savings to ONT.

Comment

3550 John Bangs Dr, Ontario, CA 91761 34.0610885620117 -117.58081817627 . About 1/4 mile West of the Airport / Haven Intersection. Googlemaps just shows a parking lot on satalite photo.

P.S. KS is spot on with the need for the stations to have restrooms and a mini-mart . I have not been to this one.

The LAX station on avation is one of these 4 island 12 hose monster stations. , has H2 fuel a, a very minimal but handy restroom. Some of the hoses are the large port type for the busses.

Comment

Working...
                              X