X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onefasteg
    replied
    Re: Ontario

After 6 months of going to Ontario City yard and filling up (2 - 3 times a week), I checked the high press. filter housing for oil and it was dry. So assuming the oil issue is not a problem anymore.

Leave a comment:

• UDZ
    replied

My wife and I rolled through the new Ontario Airport Clean Energy station this morning to have a look just as a CE technician rolled in. When asked about the station opening, He stated that his boss had sent him to replace two hoses that had been removed previously for use at the Ontario City Yard station. He believes that this is in preparation for opening the station next week or the following week. He also believes that the delay in opening is due to the city of Ontario.

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

It think it has to do with zoning, permitting, government bureaucratic stuff.

Leave a comment:

• John Mitton
    replied

Has anyone been by the new Ontario Airport CNG station that CE is building? Is it operational yet?
    3350 John Bangs Drive, Ontario CA 91761

Leave a comment:

• onefasteg
    replied

Spoke to a City of Ontario rep., this is what he responded with:

We are currently working with a Consultant getting info and cost to upgrade the system to a 3600 psi with increased storage to insure 3600psi fills at the pumps/dispensers. The goal is to upgrade to (3) 3600psi nozzles and keep (1) 3000psi nozzle.

Leave a comment:

• onefasteg
    replied

They added a new pump in Ontario, seams okay, on the low side 2700 PSI, when the tanks are full it goes up to 3200 PSI? They really need a 3600 PSI pump.

Leave a comment:

• Socal.2fast
    replied

Yes Sundays seem to be the best there.

Leave a comment:

• larrycng
    replied

The main problem with the engine is the small amounts of oil carbonize in the combustion chamber. As that carbon deposits on the piston crowns and in the heads it will cause hot spots which will lead to preignition or detonation under heavy loads and eventually distroy the engine. I know, with 120 to 130 octane rating (depending on fuel composition) it shouldn't happen. That is one reason the John Deere put a knock sensor on the later series of 8.1 cng engines -- because of detonation protection.

There have been stories (from a factory Ford trainer) about oil accumlating in the storage cylinders and reducing the vehicle range. I would also be concerned with the oil gumming up the regulator and lock-off valves.

Larrycng

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

Originally posted by Gaz Guy View Post
    I won't use the Ontaio station due to excessive oil in the gas. Unless they have changed the way they maintain their equipment, I would stay away. Removing excess oil from your system is very costly, even with the coalescing filter, which is after the tank.
    A question for you, but what, do you feel, are the detrimental effects of oil in the gas? I imagine it would depend on how your car is set up, but I don't see it as much of a problem on most vehicles out there. Worst case could potentially be a slight bit of injector fouling, though I know Ford at least already recommends flushing the injectors anyways. It seems to me the significant cost savings of the Ontario station is well worth the small amount of oil in it.

FYI, I used Ontario almost exclusively for over a year, and never had more than a few drops of oil in my filter bowl when I've checked, so I guess I haven't seen as much oil problems there as you have.

Leave a comment:

• cngmike
    replied

Dave I think they have hired Randy, formerly of American Compressor to do work for them. I will check with him and see if he has done anything with coalesing.

Leave a comment:

• Gaz Guy
    replied

I won't use the Ontaio station due to excessive oil in the gas. Unless they have changed the way they maintain their equipment, I would stay away. Removing excess oil from your system is very costly, even with the coalescing filter, which is after the tank.

Leave a comment:

• moore101
    replied

Or the weekend, Sunday I got a 3200 PSI fill

Leave a comment:

• CraziFuzzy
    replied

I can concurr that it is due to the trucks ther ein the evening. In the morning and through the day, there is little problem getting good fills there. (I usually get a little above 3000# in the mornings.) Once the trucks/busses get there and start hooking up, the compressor starts running to fill them up, and can never get enough free time to bring the fast fill tanks up to pressure. The result is bad fills. It's not really a matter of the location of the public terminals, it's just a matter of the way there system is set up, to give priority to the trucks/busses. Can't really complain that much, since they do sell it for no profit, and are the cheapest fill. Just only go there in the morning. :-)

Leave a comment:

• cngmike
    replied

There are 2 compressors on the other side of the building form the dispenser. One is a Gimini compressor 250 cfm the other I don't remember all I know is the guys from Excel Engineering had to totally refurbished it after was FUBARed by CE's maintenance crew. The storage is very limited, a CPI 3 pack about 33,000 cf. @ 3600 psi. Besides the dispensers out front there are 2 in the yard. Also the time fill in the yard there is also a line that goes to fill school buses.

Leave a comment:

• clnbrnr1
    replied

I have a theory, Maybe while all the trash trucks are home to roost for the evening,they are sucking up all the gas. I think the compressors are all located towards the back of the facility as I have never heard anything near the actual pumps. So the public pumps are at the end of the line so we get nothing but leftovers. Joe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X