• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CE station in Anahiem

Just received this email (phone and contact information removed):

Great News NGV Drivers!

Clean Energy Anaheim Station is now OPEN

Address: 2100 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802 (At Valero Gasoline Site)

VSA, MC, Voyager and Clean Energy

Open 24 Hours

Hope all is well,

Jelena

Jelena Maslovaric

Business Development Manager

Light Duty Vehicles

3020 Old Ranch Parkway, Suite 400

Seal Beach, CA 90740

Re: New CE station in Anahiem

I just submitted this to CNG prices

Comment

I will have to check this out on my next visit to the OC. It looks like it is less than 2 miles from the Trillium station, and 2 miles from the GG/CE station. Great news for all those cabbies! Map shows it at the intersection of Orangewood and Harbor,
      Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 08-03-2009, 06:02 AM.
      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Sorry it took me a couple of days, but it's on the map now.

Cheers,
        Todd
        CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
        CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
        AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Stopped by after work today. There's a Clean Energy pump with two 3600 psi hoses.
          Updated cngprices.com with its prices ($1.499/gge).
          Attached Files
          White '09 GX

Comment

1.49 at a CE pump? Gotta love competition!
            BLUE 09 GX

Comment

So it's 3600 only? That would suck if I still had my crown vic.. ;-)
              1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
              2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

I stoped by there yesterday. Price 1.499. They made a nice long island. However, they left parking stalls right at the end of the island for their carwash vacuums. So, if I pulled in behind the taxi getting gas on the street side he could not have gotten out until the guy parked across the end of the island moved. So I squeezed between another taxi and the corner of the carwash and turnd around to get behind him.

I think they need to clear some room around the island. Seems like it might have been better to make a shorter island.

Odd thing for CE was, there are no video screens. The central card reader asks if you are trained, and gives a phone number if you need training. If you answer yes, no pin is required.....

Comment

Certainly wish they had the yes/no question when I was in vegas last month... couldn't fuel up because their video was messed up.

Comment

Yea, this could be an improvement.

Comment

I find it interesting that they installed a Kraus dispenser with a Gasboy card reader. They should be both cheaper and more reliable than the Greenfield dispensers they normally use. Any idea what the compressor package is?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryect View Post
                        I think they need to clear some room around the island. Seems like it might have been better to make a shorter island.
                        I looked closely at the photos and it looks to be setup for two dispensers with only one currently installed. There is a second set of signage posts and a cover plate where the second would go. The island is long to give room for 4 cars.

One wonders how long the pricing will hold. I'm guessing it will go up a dollar within a month.

Although the station is not in a bad location it will take longer to get there from the 5 than the Trillium station. having carpool lane access is a real plus.
                        John

Comment

I don't think the price will go up to $2.50, as long as the trillium station stays low. I would expect CE's to be the higher of the two, but that may have more to do with location than actual competition. I SOOO wish there were more stations in SoCal that were actually at a real gas station, providing more services than JUST the fuel.

Comment

price gone up to $1.599 last Friday, but still good. Considering it's about 12min it takes from the I-5 to be back on the I-5 (if there are not too many cabs).
                            Going south on the I-5 taking the Katella off-ramp will extend (just stay left) to Orangewood.
                            And Orangewood has an on-ramp going south onto I-5 (was not in my navigation yet)
                            If you are north-bound it might not be so a quick turnaround, though.

Another update, teh 2nd dispenser also has 2x 3600psi and only one is currently operational. So a total of 3 hoses are available to fill.

Comment

Got a great fill there in my 99 GX. Pressure gauge on the pump read 4100. I drove 200 miles on that fill and my fuel gauge was on the red line (50/50 city/hwy). Filled up again and it took 5.5 GGE, pump gauge went to 4100 again. Next time I'll check the pump pressure before it starts filling. Anyone know how far below the red line it's safe to go?

Happens to be the lowest price around too. First fill was $1.60/GGE. Was up to $1.70/GGE 10/4/2009.

Comment

Working...
                              X