SoCal Anaheim Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SoCal Anaheim Base

Please update cngprices.com about the station if you would.

Comment

Jennifer,

After hearing all the complaints about the Anaheim station, it's good that someone is actually going to be paying attention to that location. It's also good that there will be some competition to Clean Energy in southern California.

I have been very disappointed with the Long Beach station since Clean Energy took over operation. I never get a full fill there, and Clean Energy's price is too high at all of their public stations (except the special deal at Burbank).

I want to echo my friends' comments that good fills are very important!

Also important is the price. Although the quality of the fill is sometimes marginal, I do know that some owners prefer using the SoCal Gas Base in Garden Grove because of the price. Currently, SoCal Gas Base in Garden Grove is charging $2.197 per gge. According to the Trillium website, I see that your two public stations in northern California are currently charging $2.229 per gge and your two public stations in the Phoenix area are currently charging $2.199. These prices are very close to the SoCal Gas Base price and they are certainly more attractive than the price that Clean Energy charges. Can we expect the Anaheim station to have the same price as the northern California stations?

About when do you expect to have the Anaheim station operational?

Thank you in advance for your response,
      Michael M

Comment

Not to give CE any breaks but when was the last time you filled up at the Long Beach station? They've had the new compressors there for the last couple of months or so and should be giving good fills now. At least I seem to have gotten a full 3,600 when I testing them after the new compressors were installed.

Even though that station is on my route I seldom use it any more since CE took over. Before then I used them all the time. Once the price went up I saw no reason to take the extra time required to get on and off the 405 due to the placement of the HOV exits. Now I use the station just off the 55 at Mac Author.

Jennifer, if you get to rebuild the Garden Grove base off Knott and the price is right I'll start using it again. That won't happen until I can get 3,600 psi fills so I can fill up very other day rather than every day and a half.
        John

Comment

We are 1-2 weeks away from having the SoCal Gas Anaheim station running. The new compressor has been installed, but we have to complete an electrical upgrade, and a few other details. We will run compressors for a week or two to work any bugs out and make sure that its 100% reliable before opening it up to the public. I'd tentatively say that we'll be open for public fueling in the first or second week of February.

For now, the same dispenser and nozzle guy will be there to greet you! Is that a good thing? :-) You will use the same PIN as before. In the longer term, we'd like to add a second dispenser and maybe upgrade the credit card system.

Our pricing will be based on current gas prices from SoCal Gas and the cost of operating the station. I would say that you can expect pricing comparable to our other stations. We are hoping to get some grant money and that will help us keep our costs competitive. (Also, there might be some confusion with a CE Anaheim station. They haven't run this one before, it was always SoCal.)

We've heard lots of people have historically had bad fills at this station, and I think you'll see a positive difference when it comes back on line.

Comment

Jennfier,

Looking forward to the station opening although I'll normally only be using it when I go to Disneyland or some other place up the 5 Fwy.

What I'm realing looking forward to is for you to get the contract for the Garden Grove Base just off Knott and the 22 Fwy. It's a tad farther off the freeway for me than going to the CE station at the Santa Ana base but if it's cheeper than CE I'll go to the GG base most of the time.

FYI, my previous post was about the LBE CE station. I've updated the post to make that clear.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer View Post
              We are 1-2 weeks away from having the SoCal Gas Anaheim station running. The new compressor has been installed, but we have to complete an electrical upgrade, and a few other details. We will run compressors for a week or two to work any bugs out and make sure that its 100% reliable before opening it up to the public. I'd tentatively say that we'll be open for public fueling in the first or second week of February.

For now, the same dispenser and nozzle guy will be there to greet you! Is that a good thing? :-) You will use the same PIN as before. In the longer term, we'd like to add a second dispenser and maybe upgrade the credit card system.

Our pricing will be based on current gas prices from SoCal Gas and the cost of operating the station. I would say that you can expect pricing comparable to our other stations. We are hoping to get some grant money and that will help us keep our costs competitive. (Also, there might be some confusion with a CE Anaheim station. They haven't run this one before, it was always SoCal.)

We've heard lots of people have historically had bad fills at this station, and I think you'll see a positive difference when it comes back on line.
              Jennifer, I am so happy to see a fuel supplier interacting with their client base through the group. Everyone is so used to the CE mentality of doing business. Build it, price it as high as you can and never... but never interact with the client base. They have monitored my groups over the years and you never hear a word from them. There's a lot of people in here that would like them to answer a few questions.

But you are awsome! You keep us updated on the progress of your station, are eager to please the people you serve and give good service on top of it all. You rock! We look forward to supporting your station and your company... and meeting the nozzle guy! If you gave out free coffee, I think you could run the other guys out of town.lol

Comment

Any news on the Anaheim station re-opening ?

Comment

All the equipment is installed and ready to go, we are just waiting for the gas line to the meter to be finalized.

I'll post the date of our grand opening in the forum. Shouldn't be much longer!

Comment

Yahoo, at least I can fuel up when I come down the 5. Now you just need to get the contract to update the Garden Grove Base. Get that one done and I'll fuel up there every other day.
                    John

Comment

Thanks Jennifer, we really appreciate your updates, as does the rest of the gang. I know that if everything is in, the gas co and inspectors doing the final main line hook-up and leak testing took me about a week. I suspect your inspectors are busier than in my area but hopefully 1-2 weeks should do it. Good Luck and we look forward to your Grand Opening.

Comment

I'll be lining up with the taxis!

Comment

Working...
                        X