X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SCChris
    • Oct 2007

OC CNG Vehicle owner's by city

It would be interesting to see where we all start from and goto on our commutes.. It might help identify where we need a/more station/s.

I keep thinking that some sort of owner Co-Op, PAC, or other group might be able to sponsor or urge cities and school districts to build additional stations at the current fringe.

The age old Chicken or Egg problem. I'd like to add an incubator and feed trough.

Chris
  • Adrian
    • Nov 2007

Re: OC CNG Vehicle owner's by city

My daily commute is from Anaheim Hills to Carson. I usually take the 91W to the 710 S to the 405 N or 91 W to 55 S to 22 E to 405 N. My wife also drives a Civic GX her commute is from Anaheim Hills to North Hollywood and she usually takes the 91 W to 710 N then the 101? I know she avoids the 5 at all costs since it's always a parking lot and doesn't have a car pool lane. We generally fill at home using out Phill, but sometime fill along the way at public stations when needed.
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

• jetboatjohnny
      • Oct 2007

I drive either 74 west, 215 north or Gillman springs rd to 60 west to Moreno valley, 60/215 W/N to 60 west (thru Riverside, Ontario, Chino, Pomona) then 57 south to Brea Canyon rd. 70 miles each way, 3.8-4.1 GGE Fillup every night.
      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

• SCChris
        • Oct 2007

Thanks JetBoat and Adrian!

I'll have to look to see if my profile indicates a zip code. Ideally if the profiles indicated a home base and destination zip for us we could just map those and weigh them and the connecting routes and get somthing like CNG vehicle trips per day along those routes.

Chris

Comment

• USA_CNG
          • Jul 2008

Does the clean air decal let you use the 91 express lanes and 241 toll road without paying the standard fees?

Comment

• jetboatjohnny
            • Oct 2007

We dont get a break on the 241, but with my transponder it costs me 2.25, 50 cent less than paying at the toll booth.
            The policy on the 91 Fastrak is solo drivers in ZEVs can use the 3+ lane, which is either free or 1/2 off during busy hours. There are others that have used this lane and got away with it, and I did use it once.
            BLUE 09 GX

Comment

• USA_CNG
              • Jul 2008

Has any one had any problems getting a Phill installed in the Newport/Corona Del Mar area?

Comment

• advocate
                • May 2008

Johnny,

The problem with your message is that the GX is not a ZEV. The GX is a PZEV. It doesn't qualify for 3+ lane. Also, ZEVs don't use the 3+ lane. Rather, they get a special account and use the regular lanes.

Originally posted by jetboatjohnny View Post
                We dont get a break on the 241, but with my transponder it costs me 2.25, 50 cent less than paying at the toll booth.
                The policy on the 91 Fastrak is solo drivers in ZEVs can use the 3+ lane, which is either free or 1/2 off during busy hours. There are others that have used this lane and got away with it, and I did use it once.

Comment

• jetboatjohnny
                  • Oct 2007

My car is SULEV, which means I am not allowed to use the 3+ lane, but there is a person on here that regularly uses it, and like I said before, I used it once. It seems the CHP does not care or knows the rules. Dont try driving on the Fastrak without a transponder, you WILL get a ticket.
                  BLUE 09 GX

Comment

• trojanman
                    • Jul 2010

Yorba Linda to City of Industry. I usually gas up at the Placentia city yard or City of Industry trash facility

Comment

Working...
                    X