Gas Price War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Price War?

Anaheim Trillium is $2.20 and CE Garden Grove is now $2.04...

Wow, what competition can do.

SCChris

Another recovering Petroholic.

Re: Gas Price War?

Trillium nees to open more stations, how about it Jennifer

Comment

Since I have heard about the GG station from CNGmike, I only use that station now. What a good price, its worth getting off the freeway for during my commute(Corona-Long Beach).

If CE can lower the price there, they can do it else where.

Comment

Last night price was $2.299 at Garden Grove CE.

Comment

Well, CE blinked first, but now things are getting even more interesting. The next closest (working) station, Placentia the All-American City, is getting into the game at $2.28. I guess they want the cabs back. Not to mention the new colorful pennants strung up on the pump island frames, a "Welcome" flag, a new machine with ice-cold Cokes and drinks for a buck, and as always, four pumps and the online station status indicator. Way to go Placentia! Trillium still gets the nod from me though for breaking new ground.

Went by the "new" station a stone's throw away on Blue Gum, and they've got yellow tape strung up blocking off the station and it looks like they're putting in some new pumps.

Comment

What new station?
            Anaheim's price went up also.
            I will still fill in Anaheim. Wednesday evening (6pm) was very busy, 2 taxis and 2 GXs ahead of me, and of course nobody when I left. Normally I would just fill with the 3,000 pump but I was on my way to San Diego and didn't want to stop for fuel. I made it there and back, 180 miles, no fuel light either.
            Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 06-08-2008, 02:26 PM.
            BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I've found myself in the same position in line. I too use the 3000psi side when I find a line, and get 3400 regularly there. I get 4200 on the 3600 side regularly.

Way cool!
              I love being able to see what I have in the tank before I fill and after.

Chris
              Last edited by SCChris; 06-09-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I was fuelling at Anaheim a few weeks ago and this black CNG tahoe drives up to the parking lot island opposite the dispenser. A well-dressed man gets out and starts walking around the pumps, observing all of the traffiic (2 cars fuelling and 2 cars waiting).

Being the curious sort, I asked him if he was from So.Cal. Gas, which he replied no, he was a CE representative.

Long story short, he asked me why I was using Anaheim again. To which I replied, "Uh, the price of cng." He proudly claimed that CE was now offering competitive pricing at the Garden Grove station. He wasn't so happy when I asked him whether those same prices were being offered in Long Beach.

It appears to me that CE is reponding to competition when it affects demand, and charging $2.999 where ever else they can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax Counsel View Post
                  It appears to me that CE is reponding to competition when it affects demand, and charging $2.999 where ever else they can get it.
                  Proof positive that the free market will make things work, given time, and no gov't meddling...
                  1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
                  2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Working...
                  X