X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trillium - Anaheim Station

Originally posted by ngdriver View Post
    There seems to be a lot of grumbling on this site about Clean Energy. I got a full fill at the Clean Energy site this morning in Moreno Valley. What other company is building a RELIABLE fueling network in California at competitive prices? I only know of one Trillium site. They are cretainly welcome but they do not have a network nor is the station reliable.
    It seems to me that we as ng vehicle drivers should be supporting those companies that are making a significant investment into the industry, especially in this economy. I think that if Clean Energy disappears, so will the public fueling cng industry.
    To be fair ngdriver, this is new that Clean Energy is selling at competetive prices. No-one argues that they probably run the best maintained and operated fueling stations, however, when most are driving CNG as a cheaper alternative, cost is all that matters. This is the first time i have EVER seen clean energy as a cheaper alternative, and my guess is that they are taking a considerable loss on the sales, just to get some more leverage behind the Pickens Sham.
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Originally posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
      To be fair ngdriver, this is new that Clean Energy is selling at competetive prices. No-one argues that they probably run the best maintained and operated fueling stations, however, when most are driving CNG as a cheaper alternative, cost is all that matters. This is the first time i have EVER seen clean energy as a cheaper alternative, and my guess is that they are taking a considerable loss on the sales, just to get some more leverage behind the Pickens Sham.
      I have to second Crazi's comments:

(1) CE's current price closely follows what I believe to be their traditional pricing: Gasoline cost less 50ยข per gge. With regular unleaded at +/- $1.79 right now, the $1.29 price is right on target. Although it's nice that CE has lowered their prices, just wait until gasoline hits $4 / gallon again. If trends hold true, CE will probably be around $3.50/gge.

(2) Rate-regulated utilities, ones that have to follow a specific pricing formula based on the commodity cost of NG + the cost of compression + regulated profit, are now over $2/gee in the traditionally expensive winter season. If the rate-regulated utilities are over $2 per gge, I strongly believe that Crazi's speculation is correct: CE is taking a major loss right now in their effort to maintain their pricing strategy.

(3) Yes, Trillium isn't matching what appears to be CE's loss leader--but do you really expect anyone to operate at a loss? I filled up at Anaheim this morning at $1.699. Trillium has managed to improve both the appearance and reliability of this station--they even have a window squeegee. Doesn't anyone remember how bad it was when SoCalGas ran it?

Lastly, I must raise suspicions about motivations of the poster who joined in Nov 2008. To date, that person made all of three posts: two critical of Trillium, and one critical of the city of Riverside. Did I mention that two of those posts also extolled the virtues of CE, going so much as to shout that CE is reliable?

http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....2057#post22057
      http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....2055#post22055
      http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....9860#post19860

Did you notice that this person always manages to fully spell out and correctly capitalize CE's name and how the poster speculated that if CE "disappears, so will the public fueling cng industry"? Do we have ourselves a CE lurker? Is CE starting to engage in guerrilla marketing?
      Last edited by Tax Counsel; 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM. Reason: It's too early to type.

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!
        I love how stirred up some get on this Trillium sponsored site. Hmmmm I think that should raise a few suspicions.....
        FYI, I am a medical sales rep and love driving my cng car because I spend almost all day in my car going from dr office to dr office, my car is clean and the gas in cheap.
        I do appreciate Clean Energys stations because they have a RELIABLE network. Most of the municiple public access sites are terribly unreliable. When I discovered this site a few months ago, I was shocked at all the negative chat about a company (Clean Energy) that in my view is very positive for the industry. But then again what can you expect from a site when it is sponsored from a competitor to Clean Energy.

Comment

But then again what can you expect from a site when it is sponsored from a competitor to Clean Energy.
          We appreciate our sponsors who assist in keeping CNGchat a financially viable resource on the Internet. Sponsorship at CNGchat is non-exclusive and open to all reputable industry participants. Participation by CE or other refueling service providers in addition to Trillium is certianly welcome.

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!
            I love how stirred up some get on this Trillium sponsored site. Hmmmm I think that should raise a few suspicions.....
            FYI, I am a medical sales rep and love driving my cng car because I spend almost all day in my car going from dr office to dr office, my car is clean and the gas in cheap.
            I do appreciate Clean Energys stations because they have a RELIABLE network. Most of the municiple public access sites are terribly unreliable. When I discovered this site a few months ago, I was shocked at all the negative chat about a company (Clean Energy) that in my view is very positive for the industry. But then again what can you expect from a site when it is sponsored from a competitor to Clean Energy.
            My guess is you haven't been using those stations for very long then. If you had been through any of the municipal -> clean energy handoff's, you would be just as upset as us with them. My example is the Long beach Gas station on Spring St. IT was a reliable, working station, with excellent pricing when CE came in. They nearly immediately replaced the perfectly working dispensers with more expensive, yet no more funtional, models. They also went on and raised the price by over $1/gge in a matter of a couple months. Natural Gas prices had not changed during this time period. Their practice was to come in, and get the fleet to let them take over, and they would offer a lower, decent price, to the fleet, and a HUGE markup to the public. They have also ignored any requests for small groups of people to sign up as a fleet to regain the reasonable pricing. How do you say this is GOOD for the public fueling infrastructure?

I have, at many times, defended clean energy and thier prices, because, as a business, they should charge as much as they can sell the product for. That's how the market works. However, this does NOT mean i believe they are GOOD for the market. Trillium was the first privatly owned competitor to Clean Energy's prices, and has been the only thing keeping CE's prices in check in that area.
            1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
            2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

This big drop in CE prices has got to be a direct ploy by T-Bone to get Americans on the CNG bandwagon. Also his fleets have to get a better price than gasoline, maybe he has some prospective deals going on now, thus the drastic drop in prices. I have been going to the Anaheim station over the GG-CE station when it was not such a big price difference. Today on my way home from the OC I drove to the Moreno Valley Station and coming from the north instead of dealing with the construction on Oleander (Where I wrecked my GX) I came down Indian and it was closed, so I had to drive a long way around, got my fuel. When heading home Oleander was closed going west to the 215, even tho Ramona (eastbound) is a shorter drive for me. I am not sure it is worth the extra driving, and for people coming down the 215 to get fuel, it is probably about 5 miles just to get back to the freeway with all the construction. It is 73 cents/GGE difference for me, so 1.299 vs 2.027 so I gotta figure if it's worth saving 3 bucks a night for about 20-30 minutes extra on my drive. OK RANTs done!
              BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Filled at Anaheim last night for $1.300!

Comment

They were probably losing a lot of buisness to CE there for a while.
                  BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Anaheim Station at $1.50

Great fill last night, did another 200+ mile stretch on a little over 5 GGE, but the price is up to 1.499.
                    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

I only got 72% on Wednesday night, looked like about 3200psi, gauge is hard to see in the dark. The light does not do much on the 3600 side, you cant read the buttons on the keypad. The other side is ok with the lights from the parking lot. The only fill I got where the gauge showed full was in Hemet w/3700psi but it went down to 19 bars (yes I counted them, there are 20) by the time I got home (4 miles).
                      BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Originally posted by jetboatjohnny View Post
                        I only got 72% on Wednesday night, looked like about 3200psi, gauge is hard to see in the dark. The light does not do much on the 3600 side, you cant read the buttons on the keypad. The other side is ok with the lights from the parking lot. The only fill I got where the gauge showed full was in Hemet w/3700psi but it went down to 19 bars (yes I counted them, there are 20) by the time I got home (4 miles).
                        Are there still long lines of taxis there or have they all gone to the Anaheim Valero CE station??
                        1998 Honda GX
                        ebike

Comment

I think that the Valero CE site has taken a lot of the taxi load. Rare that I have to wait at all now at Trillium. At most, just wait for one taxi to finish at the 3600 pump, or use the 3000.

Personally, it's not worth the 10 cents difference to travel through the 15 or so lights on the roundtrip to Valero and back to the 5 freeway. It seems that CE has not yet caught up with the recent Trillium price increase, but I'm sure they'll raise it soon to maintain the 10 cents difference.

The nearby Arco price hasn't been updated since Thanksgiving on cngprices. That pump must be growing cobwebs.

Comment

Originally posted by cngsteve View Post
                            I think that the Valero CE site has taken a lot of the taxi load. Rare that I have to wait at all now at Trillium. At most, just wait for one taxi to finish at the 3600 pump, or use the 3000.

Personally, it's not worth the 10 cents difference to travel through the 15 or so lights on the roundtrip to Valero and back to the 5 freeway. It seems that CE has not yet caught up with the recent Trillium price increase, but I'm sure they'll raise it soon to maintain the 10 cents difference.

The nearby Arco price hasn't been updated since Thanksgiving on cngprices. That pump must be growing cobwebs.
                            I love that ARCO station. I miss it.
                            1998 Honda GX
                            ebike

Comment

A head's up to all the CNG chat users of our Anaheim station - we will be replacing the dispenser and fuel management system next week. (It's a TGT dispenser and OPW fuel management, for all of you technically curious folks out there.) The new equipment will be installed on Wednesday, so the site will not be available during the day. On Thursday we will back up and running with the new system. We will also be on-site most of the day to make sure everyone gets trained. We hope you like the changes and the improved fueling experience.
                              Thanks for your continued business!
                              Jennifer

Comment

Jennifer ~ Please tell us that you're keeping a 3000 nozzle at the Anaheim location!

Thanks,
                                TC

Comment

Working...
                                X