Anaheim Open April 1st- No Joke :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anaheim Open April 1st- No Joke :-)

Curtis gave out free fuel at his grand opening, and 20$ vouchers!
    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

Leave it to Jetboadjohnny to press the envelope

Jennifer, I assume that's only state and federal highway taxes but no sales tax.

You know someone was going to ask so I will. Why the difference in pricing between Northern and Southern California? Is there that much of a difference in Natural Gas pricing?

As far as CE not showing up as pending, I think it has to do with how the transaction is converted from an approval to a charge. If the sequence is wrong then the approval does not get converted and has to expire which is why it stays around for several days. The transaction I did on Friday is set to expire on 4/1. The transaction from today won't expire until 4/4.

About Timon, think Disney.
      John

Comment

I just left the Anaheim station, got almost 4 gge for less than 6 bucks!
        It was great to meet Jennifer, Todd (CNGPRICES) and Steve (CNGSTEVE).
        There was also a family visiting from Vacaville in a GX.
        J
        Last edited by jetboatjohnny; 04-01-2008, 01:25 PM.
        BLUE 09 GX

Comment

For those who didn't make it, you missed a great opportunity for cheap CNG and a chance to meet several other forum members. Thanks to Jennifer for the free donuts, too! Cheap CNG until 4 tonight!

When I got there it wasn't all that busy, but after about 10 minutes a taxi came through. When he found out about the $1.50 gas, he put it out on dispatch ... by the time I left almost an hour later (after chatting with Jennifer, JetBoatJohnny and CNGSteve) there had been a line of 5-8 taxis for about 45 minutes.

Good work on the station. It managed to keep up pretty well with the lines of taxis coming through.

And I've updated the CNGPrices.com icon with the exact coordinates of the pump (thanks Timon), which is just off Gene Autry Way.

Cheers,
          Todd
          Last edited by cngprices; 04-01-2008, 03:28 PM.
          CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
          CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
          AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Met Jennifer this morning when I got there at 7. The Taxies starting to get there around 7:30. I must say she is very easy to talk to and has good feel from what's going on.

Pricing down in Souther Ca will be higher than Northern Ca. That could change somewhat as they see how this station does. Everyone that can please use this station and give them all the support and business we can muster. Remember we want them to kick CE's "gluteus maximus" in that area so they can both expand and maybe give us even better prices.

If this station does well expect to see some upgrades. Who knows, if we're lucky we might even see a canopy so we don't have to fill up in the rain

FYI, This station is the only one that they operate which uses a Gilbarco dispenser and that's because it's what was there. I think she said that their other stations use a Tulsa Gas dispenser.

They have somewhat fixed the authorization, it now only authorizes $1 instead of $99. That I can live with.

Did she change the ending time? I thought it was going to end at 4PM.
            John

Comment

Thanks to everyone who turned out yesterday. It was fun to meet you all! I posted a few pictures in the Gallery. Hopefully this link will take you there...

http://www.cngchat.com/photopost/sho...500&ppuser=306

I ended up extending the promotion an extra hour to give everyone who waited so patiently in line a chance to fuel. Thanks again for your business, we appreciate you!

Jennifer

Comment

arrived at about 5:30pm and all were gone, but a Supershuttle and a Taxi in line to fill up.
                In any case I do not think there is any other station having it's own HOV off and on ramp :-). In both directions!
                This will be my prefered station.
                Last edited by OhMyGas; 04-02-2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhMyGas View Post
                  In any case I do not think there is any other station having it's own HOV off and on ramp :-). In both directions!
                  That's good if you're on the 5, but I come from the 57 (and go back to the 57) and the lights to get from the 57 to the station take absolutely forever. Partially the light from the 57 onto Orangewood, but especially that left turn from State College Blvd. to Gene Autry way (and then back to State College from Gene Autry). It is literally a 4-5 minute light, each time, so that's 8-10 minutes of my time for each fill. Right now it's not worth the $0.10 savings per gge over the Diamond Bar station since I only get about 4-5 gge per fill.

I'll probably still go there sometimes, though, because I've met the folks who run it and want to support the station.

Cheers,
                  Todd
                  AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Just incase anyone else was filling up this morning and wondering why the pressure was low, the Trillium tech was working on the station, found that out from their 800 number, and had the compressor shutdown. I assume that the work was completed and it's back to normal.

I suggested that when working on the station Trillium put a sign on the pumps stating that you might not get a compete fill. It's better than someone thinking/reporting the station is having problem.
                    John

Comment

Jennifer,

Pressure was still low this morning. Can you please give us an update as to what's going on?
                      John

Comment

Trillium Station - SW Gas, Tempe AZ

Rumors have spread that you are closing the station down in Tempe, Az at Southwest Gas.
                        Does that mean they are gone or being upgraded?
                        Thanks,
                        Dave Clement

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                          Pressure was still low this morning. Can you please give us an update as to what's going on?
                          Actually I filled up there last night after waiting for a few cab drivers and family with a Civic GX from Vacaville on their way to Vegas and the pressure was good.

Comment

Jennifer -

I just looked at my credit card bill after having filled at your station a few times. The station comes in as some "other" category. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to have the charge category changed to gas (the Clean Energy sites do this). The reason is that I have (and I'm sure many other people have) credit cards that give a 3% rebate on gas, but only a 1% rebate on other purchases. It only amounts to about 5 cents a gallon difference, but it adds up over time and would be another reason to go to your station (in addition to the already great price).

Thanks,
                            Todd

Comment

Hi Todd, another 5 cents saved! Well, you do have the kid's college fund to think about...

I have made some changes, which should take effect in the next day or so (the timing is out of my hands) so that your fuel purchases will go to your gas category.

As far as the posts on low pressure, we haven't had any problems over the past several days so all should be well... the receipt printer is acting up, but that's about the worst of it!

J

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer View Post
                                Hi Todd, another 5 cents saved! Well, you do have the kid's college fund to think about...
                                Jennifer -

Thanks! "Frugal" is one of the nicer things that I've been called ... in my book 5 cents is 5 cents, especially if it is a "free" five cents. Thanks for getting that changed. Is that just at this station, or will it be for all the Pinnacle-run stations (like AQMD?)

Cheers,
                                Todd

Comment

Working...
                                X