Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future upgrade for the SoCal Gas Garden Grove station on Industry St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future upgrade for the SoCal Gas Garden Grove station on Industry St.

I got a chance over the weekend to speak to the service tech at the Garden Grove station. I asked him about the low pressure and frequent non-operational issues with this station. He said that due to the frequent big city trucks done come thru there on a daily basis the current compressor cannot keep up with the demand. He said the station is due for an upgrade and the paper work is in the process. He doesn't know when exactly this would start; you know how it is with city inspections. Your guess is as good as mine

He mentioned that the Van Nuys station is being upgraded; he didn't recall how far they've gotten. But he did say we are supposedly next in line (sweet). They are looking to add at minimum several pumps but due to the size of land they have it may be limited. I asked him if this would be managed by CE, actually I told him I'd prefer it not to change in CE's management due to their pricing and he just laughed....no worries there he said. So needless to say I'm looking forward to the station upgrade, whether it happens this year or next

Re: Future upgrade for the SoCal Gas Garden Grove station on Industry St.

Sounds like SoCal Gas is responding to demand for their product . . . at a fair price!

Garden Grove, CA public pump at 12698 Industry St is listed at cngprices.com at $1.88/gge and does have documented slow fill comments when city trucks draw down the pressure.

In comparison, down the road at Arco-CE at 12931 Garden Grove Blvd price is $2.25/gge and whopper price is other direction towards Long Beach when you try getting cng at Seal Beach, CA (HQ for CE itself) where it's $2.90/gge!! OUCH!

That works out to 54% higher price in Seal Beach (ie at CE) compared to 5 miles away at SoCalGas in Garden Grove.

Comment

Re: Future upgrade for the SoCal Gas Garden Grove station on Industry St.

whoa awesome!

that pump is conveniently on the way home for me, so I fill up there frequently...and it's nice and cheap...can't wait for it to be upgraded!

Comment

Working...
      X