SoCalGas price of gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCalGas price of gas

Paid $114 for 180 therms at home, so about $0.73/gge. Utah, eat your heart out!
    ________
    WEEDTRACKER
    Last edited by freedml; 03-12-2011, 10:18 AM.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Re: SoCalGas price of gas

Originally posted by freedml View Post
    Paid $114 for 180 therms at home, so about $0.73/gge. Utah, eat your heart out!
    What was your electricity cost per GGE? What is your pump maintenance cost per GGE? How do you amortize the original cost of the pump?

Comment

There are already several threads that discuss this endlessly so I won't try to summarize them here.
      ________
      In motorsport
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

My questions were rhetorical. I have participated in those threads. I just wanted to cut short your gloating about getting a better price for CNG than we get here in Utah.

Comment

If you're going to ask rhetorical questions, make it clear that you know the answer or don't expect a response. Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't spend any time reinventing the wheel on that one.

BTW, I'm hoping that the cost per hour to run Phill will become more predictable and lower with the acquisition by FSYS.
          ________
          Buy scale
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Oops, that should have been .63/gge last month. up to .68 this month. in my driveway and always a good fill -- almost priceless.
            ________
            LENDERS MORTGAGE INSURANCE ADVICE
            02 GX
            01 GX
            03 Crown Vic
            06 GX
            Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
              Oops, that should have been .63/gge last month. up to .68 this month. in my driveway and always a good fill -- almost priceless.
              And how much did you say you were paying for electricity to pump it and how do you amortize the hardware and installation costs? (These questions are still rhetorical and as valid as they were before.) The good fill is always nice and I envy you for that. Enjoy, but all of us in Utah have much better prices to gloat about.

Comment

A rhetorical question is one that you don't expect an answer to. But, assuming you know what a rhetorical question is, perhaps the reason you don't expect an answer is that you are so sure your gas price is lower. Well, think again.

.68 for gas, .25 to rebuild the pump, .05 for electricity, and the unit is worth more today than what I paid for it, so -.25 for amortization. so my cost of gas is .73
                ________
                Toyota Progr?s
                Last edited by freedml; 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM.
                02 GX
                01 GX
                03 Crown Vic
                06 GX
                Home Fueler

Comment

$0.65 in Waukesha Wisconsin trumps the rhetoric?

Comment

Only temporarily.

First, cngprices says .88 in Waukesha as of 7/17. Is it out of date?

Then, as Utah found out, if CNG is being subsidized, the subsidy can disappear at any time. The prices I'm discussing are not subsidized.
                    ________
                    NSR50R
                    Last edited by freedml; 03-12-2011, 10:19 AM.
                    02 GX
                    01 GX
                    03 Crown Vic
                    06 GX
                    Home Fueler

Comment

Working...
                    X