lax evening crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lax evening crowd

Anyone fill at LAX in the evening around 7pm? Every night I have been there for the last 3 months it has been super crowded and also pretty much every time the pumps stop well short of 3600, I am guessing mid to low 2000s. I assume it is capacity deficiency due to excess use by the bus lines, as I understand it the fleet just got a lot bigger recently. CE has some aux generators hooked up and running and I saw Edison there last month doing what I assume was an upgrade as I understand the weak link is the power supply. Frustrating for me as it has happened consistently for the last 5 or more times I have been there any time between 6 and 8 pm. Haven't filled up in over 3 weeks there and have been using Carson. Anyone out there know if the problem has been solved?

Thanks, Donny

PS Lately I have noticed the Carson pump has a set of 4 buses that look brand new and are all white that fill there at 7pm that you have to wait for. Ususally takes about 30 minutes and both 3600 pumps are being used.

Re: lax evening crowd

I fill up in this area and yes if you fill in the evening, you will be stuck for a while waiting for those buses..... Also, before they did the upgrade the power would randomly shut down, but the backup power would immediately work. After the upgrade everything is nice and dandy

I've noticed that after 5pm buses start to come in, so I try to fill up before 5pm.
    Those buses will drain all the gas lol... I once filled up only 1gge and it stopped, so i had to fill up near my house at the Azusa station.

Comment

thanks for the reply, 95% of the time I am leaving work after 530-6pm so early is not an option for me. getting 1 gge doesn't soud so dandy to me! IS the capacity fixed yet? Maybe they should add more tanks or more power or what ever is keeping them from being able to deleiver 3600 psi fills. This wasn't a problem 3 months ago, I think CE was able to grow their contracts or add new ones and this is what caused the shortage. They should use the added income to properly retroit the filling stations in my opinion.

Comment

I actually just filled up right now at around 4pm... there was around 5 bars left on the gauge, and i filled up 5gge... it was a full fill...

you just have to get there before the big buses get there and fill their big 50gge tanks lol

Comment

Working...
        X