Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home filling station group? Share?

Hello -

I'm about to purchase a Honda Civic GX and nervous about the number of filling stations. I live in an apartment and am not sure if I'll be able to install my own home filling unit. I live near Hancock Park and am wondering if there are any CNG drivers out there that have home filling stations that would be willing to let me fill up every now and then and pay them market price per gallon. If us CNG drivers banded together and created a network of home filling stations that did this, I think it would be A) wonderful and help eachother out B) A way for the person who owns the home filling unit to recoup the cost of their system and C) Start an awesome trend.

Let me know y'all.

Re: Home filling station group? Share?

The typical home fueling system (Phill) would not be very usefull for this, as you would have to park you vehicle at the other location for about 18 hours to fill up from empty. Honestly, in LA and the surrounding area, I wouldn't worry too much about the fueling facililties, they are actually fairly well distributed, and CE does keep them running very reliably (though not necessarily all that inexpensively). You can count on them being about .50/gge less than gasoline. Check cngprices.com to see the locations where you drive.
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Public dispensers are NOT very well distributed in "LA" proper. There is nothing operating yet between UCLA and Downtown LA (Chinatown). Yesterday, I came across a dispenser being installed at La Cienega and Olympic which would be the closest to you, Johnnylobo, but it's not operational yet.

Yes, if you don't control the property where you live it's that much tougher to be a CNG driver.
      Last edited by freedml; 02-27-2009, 09:26 AM.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

I always thought it would be an interesting business model to install Fuelmakers at bed & breakfast hotels in strategic areas (FMQ's at 3000 psi to accommodate everyone). Amarillo would be a great spot, for example.

Comment

Just tell me where you want them in Arizona!
          I could use the business........................
          Dave Clement

Comment

Check this post http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4492 .

Otherwise the nearest station is C.E. on Alameda in Chinatown (behind Phelpe's)

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
              Public dispensers are NOT very well distributed in "LA" proper. There is nothing operating yet between UCLA and Downtown LA (Chinatown). Yesterday, I came across a dispenser being installed at La Cienega and Olympic which would be the closest to you, Johnnylobo, but it's not operational yet.

Yes, if you don't control the property where you live it's that much tougher to be a CNG driver.
              I guess I look at it from a different perspective then. The prime customers for CNG, and those that get the most return from it, are commuters that travel >30 miles each way, and professional drivers, such as taxi/delivery/shuttle. There aren't really any >30 mile commuting routes in/around LA that don't have a couple fueling facilities, and most taxi/shuttle fleets operate mostly around areas that do already have the stations (airport, downtown, etc).
              1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
              2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Working...
              X