Azusa Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azusa Station

Why did this station raise prices to 2.03 from 1.90??

I just don't get it..... gasoline went down to $1.79 and NG prices are higher?

Re: Azusa Station

If I'm correct, Azusa is a So Cal Gas Company station. Their prices are rate-regulated by the CPUC. To calculate the pump price they take their commodity price and then add a component to recover the cost of compression (including the cost of the station itself), and a rate-regulated profit. There is little or no room for adjustment.

As NG prices increase for the winter, their pump prices will also increase. It's the reason why So Cal Gas sites stay low when other providers adjust to "market prices."

Comment

Is the calculation any different now that CE is running the SCGas stations?
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Is CE now running all of the SoCalGas locations?

I know that some CE stations have been built along side existing SoCalGas yards (i.e., Santa Ana), but when I last filled at SoCalGas in Garden Grove, it was still strictly a SoCalGas location.

Comment

I guess not all of them. But they did turn over Azusa, Van Nuys Base and Canoga Park.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

The CNG stations at So Cal. bases that are operated by outside entities are not regulated by the PUC. Only the ones that are operated by So. Cal. them selfs.

Comment

Same thing happened at my local station. It went from 1.904 to 2.027. Now the CE station in Moreno Valley is 38 cents cheaper.
              BLUE 09 GX

Comment

well i won't be their customer until they lower their prices

I've been buying at CE stations since they're lower now

Comment

Yeah, the Azusa station is STILL at $2.05 per GGE. I found that CE in Pasadean is $1.49!

though I went there on literal fumes last week only to find their only 3,000 psi pump was inop. I was peddling the car back to Azusa.

I want to call the operator of the Azusa pump and tell them everyone is going to other locations because they are charging nearly 30% more for the same product....but I suspect it will do zero good

Smile....

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCobraManTim View Post
                    Yeah, the Azusa station is STILL at $2.05 per GGE. I found that CE in Pasadean is $1.49!

I want to call the operator of the Azusa pump and tell them everyone is going to other locations because they are charging nearly 30% more for the same product....but I suspect it will do zero good

Smile....
                    Correct , it will do zero. So Cal Gas station price is PUC regulated and only changes with commody price. C.E. is un-regulated and can charge as much or as little they want.

Comment

Working...
                    X