New Station Coming to San Juan Capistrano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Station Coming to San Juan Capistrano

I just got word of a public station going in in San Juan Capistrano. It will be located at a Shell Station, and is being commissioned by Avery Petroleum.

Perhaps some of you more familiar with the area could piece it together and figure out exactly the station will be.

From what I gather the station is still in planning and may be a little ways out for construction. It will be a very small compressor and little storage, but it will be public.

Re: New Station Coming to San Juan Capistrano

Hurah!!

This one will be a regular for me, although I'm disturbed by the idea that a small compressor with limited storage is going to be enough at this location. The Sand Canyon, Irvine, CE station is insufficent for the M-F daytime traffic due to all of the large vehicle traffic, and may of these come north from just this Capo Valley area. Street Sweepers, Mail trucks, Busses, Delivery Vans, and Taxis, line up during the day to fuel. Irvine could use 1-2 more 3600 dispensers and more storage. If I'm not mistaken, SJC has several CNG vehicles and the yard is only a few miles from whatever Shell is being discussed. I hope they don't undersize with a small compressor at this location.

SCChris

Comment

An older list from:
      http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/prog...ate.php/CA/CNG
      shows the details to be at:
      http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/prog...p/CA/CNG/30617

According to the planned location (even it is from 2008) it is close to the school district's bus yard.

I drove by recently and there is a diesel fuel station, but behind a fence.
      Since I'm from this area I'll monitor it now more closer.
      Last edited by OhMyGas; 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Just called the Avery Petroleum Station and they confirmed construction is on the way and completed in about 1 month.
        It is on the Avery exit, one block toward Saddleback on right side.
        And Yes it is the Shell gas station.

http://www.ibegin.com/directory/us/c...no-capistrano/

Comment

I wouldn't have guessed that this was still in the city. The CVUSD Bus yard would be a major win! To migrate out of Diesel for the hundreds of buses located there, I hope it comes soon, it's inevitable.

A new station is all good!

Chris
          San Clemente
          Last edited by SCChris; 06-08-2009, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Yesterday I stopped by the Shell station on Avery and Camino Capistrano. It is on the right side as you exit south bound on 5 (Avery Exit).
            You can even see the small construction next to the off-ramp.
            I'll try to confirm how many pumps and PSI there will be.

Comment

Construction has begun on the new public CNG station located at the existing Shell Station at 28662 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano (off Avery Parkway exit west of I-5) (949) 365-9027. The station will have 30,000 cu. ft storage and one dispenser with two hoses (3000/3600 psi). The station will be attended and open 24 hours/day and is expected to be completed by late August/September 2009.

Comment

Drove by last night, looks like almost complete. Just the hoses missing.
                Dispenser also has gauges for pressure, nice.

Comment

I spoke with one of the employees this morning, 9/2/09, and was told that the pumps will be available next week.

Chris

Comment

I again checked with the station last night, 9/10/09, and was told that the opening is waiting on a replacement part, part unknow? The ETA is now the week of the 21st.

Chris

Comment

This station is now open, as of Oct. 6th 2009.
                      Good price too at $1.43

cngprices.com does not quite show the correct location. it the Shell on the right hand side as you exit the I-5 southbound.

Comment

Filled up there the other day, excellent fill and price. They both had the 3000 and 36000psi, my fill topped out at 4000psi. Met one of the owners of the station and he seemed pretty stoked to have CNG available to the public. I'll defenitely hit this station everytime I'm in the area or on my way to San Diego.

Comment

Working...
                        X