SDGE access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDGE access?

Are there restrictions on filling up at SDGE locations? Do they just take credit cards, or is there some special card or magic?

Re: SDGE access?

Some are 24/7, some have a gate which is only open certain hours. Check www.cngprices.com for details on each. There are also non-SDGE stations in the San Diego area.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

All of the ones I have visited take regular credit cards.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

I've been to the station on Cannon Rd. (Encinitas), the pump on Miramar and the one near Ruffin Rd, (Kearny Mesa). They take a regular credit card. You don't need any special identification. If you haven't been there, you watch the training video and get the code at the end of the video. FWIW, they don't ask you for your zipcode or pin. They usually try to connect (dial in?) to gain approval on your credit card for a little while. Occassionally, they'll time out and I'll swipe it again successfully.

The Kearny Mesa station only pumps at 3,000 psi.. I talked to a Securitas security guard who said he had worked there for three years. He said he thought the pump had broken 15 times since he'd been there (sometimes for up to a week). He said the software used for it is not supported.

When I went to the Miramar pump for the first time, they were repaving the lot around it. A guy tried to kick me out (the lot was blocked off). He said that the Kearny Mesa pump could be unreliable, but that the Miramar one was pretty reliable. The Miramar station has two pumps, one @3,000 psi and one at 3,600. The 3,000 psi pump faces the wall and the 3,600 faces out.

Some of this is probably common knowledge to most people, but I just got my first CNG truck a couple months ago. When I was thinking of buying my truck, I wasn't sure how it all worked. It's been working very well for me. The Miramar station is 1.5 miles east of the 805.

Here are some pictures from the Miramar station:

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but thanks for your reply. I am picking up a 2002 Dodge CNG B3500 tomorrow & looks like I'll be filling it here. I'll have to scout out the other locations before trying to fill...

Selling all of the things:
          2007 Civic GX $9750
          2001 Dodge B3500 $????

Comment

Working...
          X